• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oil distributor trucks .....UGH!!

Vetech63

I hate these dam things. You cant get within 10' of one without the mess getting all over you, but life goes on! A Mauldin MPS3500, 3 spray bar nozzles wont fire on the main curbside bar. This is the solenoid box for the right left side spray bar....
which is working as it should....
Mauldin3500-1.jpg
I open up the problem side Curbside) to find......Mauldin3500-2.jpg
HOLY S&*^!!!!! YIKES!!!!!:eek::rolleyes:
The entire box is full of tack oil and is like molasses in Siberia. I have troubleshot the electrical back to ......
Maudin3500-3.jpg
Well, my electrical schematic doesn't have the pin out details for these. Mauldin got that to me late yesterday.. ...stay tuned!!!

Vetech63

That center DVC41 at pin 11 isnt giving me a drive signal. It is flashing an open circuit/grounded circuit blink code with the wiring unhooked. Looks like a circuit inside it has possibly failed. I asked a Mauldin tech support guy for the pin out detail for these DVC's and he told me that was in the software LOL..YEAH NO ****!!! How in the hell do you wire a machine without knowing where the input and output signals are going??? I swear some of these guys are dumbbb.

Vetech63

So this is what I am currently looking for. Of course it was obsoleted in 2017 so I haven't had any luck so far......
DVC41.jpg
I have a failed output at #11. I have been told that these are NOT repairable by Mauldin. What I do know is that the older CAT MD5075 track drills used a system like this and I believe the DVC41 was part of that. I am awaiting a electrical schematic on this track drill to see if I am right. If any of you CAT guys know about these in past machines then I am ALL ears. Im trying to locate 1 to purchase and have the software added to correct this machine problem.

Truck Shop

Be glad your not working on a Blue Tree GPS monitoring system, What you have above is way more info than I have for Blue Tree. I'm on the phone sometimes up to two hours talking
to some IT guy in India to trouble shoot.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I may know somebody who knows somebody who owns or works at that company. Drive right by it to work every day. Maybe I could rattle some cages for you?

edit: it looks like they sold out about two years ago. I'll ask my friend who should know. Moved out of California it seems, what a surprise.

Last edited:

Vetech63

I may know somebody who knows somebody who owns or works at that company. Drive right by it to work every day. Maybe I could rattle some cages for you?

edit: it looks like they sold out about two years ago. I'll ask my friend who should know. Moved out of California it seems, what a surprise.
Yeah that's what I am finding also. Turns out that Cat drill used the 10, 20, and the 50.............no 41's. Looks like I have finally found something that Ebay or Amazon don't have. I'm still looking of course, but its not looking good.

Truck Shop

Have you tried Etsy or Wayfair? If Wayfair has it then you will have to have your wife video your Wayfair dance step routine.:)

wade stegal

we went to etnyres in 1999. my auto car lasted 20 years. i took delivery of 2 new ones this year we do mostly chip N seal.

Attachments

• 20200921_193328.jpg
    20200921_193328.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 20201104_130748.jpg
    20201104_130748.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9