• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oil lamp + hydraulic «studder»

Govt

Cat 302.5 ca. year 2000.
Bought the machine used. 3000 hours. Installed new filters and new oil, both engine and hydraulic.

The issue: Hydraulics «studder» real hard, and the oil pressure lamp lights up at the same time the studdering goes on. Seems to change a bit when I change the idling speed, but I seldom seem to shake the problem. I don’t know if you quite get what I mean by studdering. You know when the hydraulics should extend or retract smoothly - it goes just bit by bit and real shaky, and the mentioned lamp kinda flashes at the same time. It is not just the digging, the problem also occurs when tracking.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Does it kinda flash or come on steady.?
Either way I would suggest to find the oil pressure switch on the engine, plug an analogue gauge into it and check the pressure.
There is no illustration showing the exact location but is seems as though it's close to the fuel shutoff solenoid and the air inlet pressure switch to measure air filter restriction. The switch is fed by a single wire #405 Grey.

1686148349079.png

Govt

It flashes. I will try, and post my progress. Do solenoids in the hydraulics ever act up and produce this kind of studder?