• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Oil type for 350 CASE trans

I haven't found an operators manual for my "new" 350 yet so am unsure what oil should go in the auto trans. I'm assuming HYTRAN but if someone knows different I love to hear about it. I've done a lot to it but it's not out of the shop yet. So far; replaced all bolts holding track frame to torque tube and final drive, converted from generator to alternator, made new wiring harness, replaced ammeter with voltmeter, welded air filter housing and I'm in the process of remaking the improvised front grille/shield that was obviously not made for this unit. I still need to tighten all the rest of the loose undercarriage bolts and change the hydraulic and trans filters, adjust the brakes, replace the hourmeter and clutch pressure gauges, weld the rigged up exhaust so it doesn't leak water into the manifold, address the leaking LH final drive and weld up the 4 in 1 bucket before I take it out for a spin in the dirt.

thebaz

Hi,
Case specify "Case TCH oil"
The Shell equivalent that I have been using in my Case 455C since new is called "Rimula X10W" This is used in the hydraulics as well.
Gear box and finals are just a straight 90 gear oil, (Shell Dentax 90 if you can get it). The wrong gearbox oil may play havoc with the steering brake bands gripping.
Hope that helps.
Baz

thebaz

I had a 310G, (same rear trans), and tried ltd slip oil in it. I think it makes the bands less inclined to grip. The Dentax oil is a non EP (extreme pressure oil),
so I am not sure what the difference will be on the brakes, I only know that the steering brakes are not great at the best of times. Worst part about these great little machines.
Baz