• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old dozer, new paint

wrenchbender

Yeah surfer-joe, nat gas ain't quite as good as a NOS system but it will give ya boost.:lmao BTW luck was on your side that day huh?

sixshooter

There isnt enough there to tape the old stickers off from. In fact, the only way we know it is a construction king is it says "c n ing" I will check out a lettering place, I was just curious if there were vintage tractor/equipment decals available

rino1494

I ordered the decals right from the Case dealer. Also, it is diesel, not gas.

Deas Plant

Case in 1949.

Hi, Folks.
Case bought out American Tractor Co., makers of Terratrac crawlers in, I think, 1947. Terratrac at that time had a range of crawlers, track loaders (Maybe aftermarket loader manufacturuers.) and dozers. These machines all had the same steering arrangement that the early Case tractors had 'cos Case bought the steering system from American Tractor Co., along with the rest of the company.

I think Case did a bit of re-naming in those first couple of years. I know Terratrac sported a model called a '600' in both loader and dozer versions and I suspect that they may also have had a '1000'. I do know that I operated a Case 1000 dozer back in the early 1980's and it looked as if it might have been a 'refugee' from the early '50's. It still looked good and ran and worked well, just with EARLY Case styling.

There is a Yahoo Group here For Terratrac and early Case crawlers:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/caseterratraccrawlers/

Hope this helps.

P.S. That new paint job seemed to improve the focus of your camera too. LOL.

Last edited: