• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old FWD snowblower

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
I drive by this old truck nearly every day. It has been in this location for a couple of years. Thought I would get some photos before it is gone. It is an old FWD truck with a Snowgo blower on it. I believe it came from the old Ohio University airport, in Athens ohio.
JeffFWD 1.jpg FWD 2.jpg FWD 3.jpg FWD 3.jpg

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've always been a fan of FWD. Many times a rig like this would have a gas engine in the chassis and a diesel powering the blower. FWD bought cabs from International Harvester and Dodge. I ran a 60 something plow truck that had an IH six cylinder gas engine in it and later a 70s something with a 6V53, that one had a cab made by a company that made cabs for construction equipment. It was sad to see them go out of business.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
I would really like to look inside the truck, and look at both engines. However, it is on private property and I have never seen anyone around the truck. So, I kind of think I had better not do too much close inspection. However, if I ever see anybody around the truck, I am going to stop and ask about looking around a little closer.
Jeff