• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Graders

wrenchbender

Just ain't nothing like the good ole days...........and on some things that's a very good thing.:D Great pics thanks

chasman

Occupation
maintenance tech
Leave it to a newbie to resuurect some old posts but I ran across an old Austin Western four tire four wheel drive grader with a GM diesel in it a few days ago if anyone is looking for parts. Looked to be pretty much complete except for the front drive shaft. It was a wild, wild sight !

One more useless post and I will be in like flynn!!

(I am serious about the grader)

amidozer

Occupation
Own heavy equipment construction company
Great pics...does anyone know where I could find some pictures of older stuff? In particular, horse drawn graders...we have most of the iron parts of the first road grader owned by this county and would love to find more info on it and a few good pictures! and No, I couldn't tell you who made it, can't find much on it in the way of make or model.

amiBOSS(the wife!)

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Talking about old graders, I have a few pictures of a beat up No. 12 down the highway. Would y'all like to see?

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Here we go.

Attachments

• Picture 422.jpg
    Picture 422.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 2,534
  • Picture 421.jpg
    Picture 421.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 2,560
  • Picture 413.jpg
    Picture 413.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2,577
  • Picture 423.jpg
    Picture 423.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,549

dieseldave

Rescued this from the scrappers torch. Just got it home the other day, haven't had much time to fool with it yet. My first grader :D

Attachments

• grader 10001.JPG
    grader 10001.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 2,992
  • grader 30001.JPG
    grader 30001.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,463
  • grader 70001.JPG
    grader 70001.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 2,409

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Ent she a beaut'?! That one is an absolute keeper. How much did you get her for? Bet that is going to keep you occupied for a liitle while, not that it looks like there is a lot that you have to do.

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
is that a 212? had one at the first company I worked for. great in small lots and pathways

NShel

Used to have a 212. My tip is to treat those tires gently. I never could find any in that size.

hardtail

Heres a pic of another of my projects :pointhead Dead Adams 511 without blade........the blade is now fabbed up and it came with another engine I have to go through but one of these days...........LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0119_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0119_1_1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,049
  • RCM4.jpg
    RCM4.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,049

hardtail

ego I'm surprised you had to ask:eek: International UD14, not a dually but it'll do........

Also I'm in need of a circle drive pinion if anyone knows of an Adams going to the scrappers........

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I have a friend that has a drive pinion and motor off a grader Ill check with him to see if you can use it. I hate to see stuff like that go to the junk. I was at a local crap yard taking a load of brake drums from a clean up. A man came in with 2 low boys with a d5 dozer on one and a Galion 503 grader. I asked him about it and he was short it wasn for sale they drove them both off and they drove the grader up to a shear hoe and beat it to death. I thought it was suspisious and called the law. Sure enough the hoe operator and the lowboys owner had stolen both peices. The owners had just bought the grader for 15000. The owner offered a reward on the equipment I declined, just glad I could help. The scrap yard was also introuble for buying stolen goods. They should have known something was up with that new paint job. I m still sick about the little Galion

hardtail

Thx for thinkin of me:) much appreciated, I have to agree with you about the scrap people, they are at least 1/2 of the problem, a brass plaque of one of our most decorated soldiers was stolen from his memorial, anybody caught recieving it should be shot with the lowlifes stealing them:guns

Send me a PM if something happens, it might be easiest just to get the whole gearbox if it's available??