• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old IH "TLB" sorta

Alan

Charter Member
Found this old jewel over in Morrisonville, NY last Saturday. I never thought to see if it really is 4wd, I assume it is. Rear wheel steering like the loaders of bygone days. Bucket isn't all that big, maybe 1 1/4 cy. Whole machine is built hell for stout. Hoe reaches 16-18 feet off the pin horizontally, right now it has a 12". maybe 16" bucket. I think it runs, I'll find out at some point as it's sitting on land my BIL owns, not sure if it's his machine or not.

Attachments

• old-hoe-4.jpg
    old-hoe-4.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 891
  • old-hoe-2.jpg
    old-hoe-2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 880
  • IH-hoe-1.jpg
    IH-hoe-1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 879
  • old-hoe-3.jpg
    old-hoe-3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 884

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Thats a good find Alan :thumbsup . I've never seen one of those. Were they popular in their time?

Alan

Charter Member
Thats a good find Alan :thumbsup . I've never seen one of those. Were they popular in their time?

No idea, this is the first one I've seen. At first glance I thought it was a Dynahoe until I saw the IH logo on the loader arm.

I think the backhoe was an add on like they do/did on loaders occasionally. It was late and I wanted to get home so I didn't crawl all over it but I did notice the hoe has a seperate seat.

The new BIL (we were over there for the wedding) has some decent old ag iron around the place, some is his some is his parents. Should make for some interesting chats down the road.

atgreene

I've seen similar, none quite like that though.

The mo-co in the background, now that has my eye. Is he selling it or is it covered with chaf from use?

surfer-joe

The 3800 International was never real popular and it, unfortunately, ran about as well as a Dynahoe, which is to say, terrible. I used one for about half a day and swore I'd never get on another.

They were all-wheel drive and the backhoe was an integral part of the machine from the start.

Case built a similar machine based on the old WD9 loader. I had to operate one of those in the service and told my squad leader if I ever had to operate that again I was going to shot myself in the foot.