• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Mining picture from Arizona in the mid 60's

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
This was taken around 63 t0 65 I believe they were still using LL Euclid end dumps. My Dad broke first ground for the Mine in 61

Attachments

• ASARCO Missison Unit Tucson AZ.jpg
    ASARCO Missison Unit Tucson AZ.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,862

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
Nice one! Good to see some history from time to time!

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
Which mine is that? My dad worked at the Bagdad mine for 28+ years.

It's Asarco Mission Unit south of Tucson the town its at is Sahaurita Az, you google earth and see the complete mine as of today. Bagdad I think was up around Prescott.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
Yep, about 45 min. NW of Prescott. So, that mine is down by Green Valley, right? I've moved equipment in and out of most mines in Arizona.
It,s a little north of Green Valley, I worked at the old Anaconda Mine at Green Valley in the mid sixty's

Wolf

Those were the days. No tree huggers to get in the way of the mining operations. Beautiful pictures.

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
old grader

No not a single drive its either a Cat 12 or a early Cat 16

bigrus

Occupation
Joystick attendant
It'd probably be a rigid 16 by the size comparison against the other equipment. Saw one for sale out here for $35k :eek: a couple of years back.