• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old timer

Syleng1

Occupation
Welder- farmer
What amazes me is generator technology has not changed much in 72 years. Imagine what that unit cost back then compared to the units of the same size / output of today? As a kid in the 70’s I did not know anyone who had a generator and if they did, they were old military generators. Now a days they are selling generators at department stores and groceries stores. Cheap as they come but almost everyone seems to have access to one if needed. Thanks for sharing!

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
You'll never kill that old Conty, they're built like a tank, and the HP/Kw output is so low, there's hardly any stress on any internal component.

I have one in a V60B Cat forklift, I bought it with the engine totally rusted up solid, the idiots that owned it previously left the exhaust open to the weather for years.

I stripped it down and I've nearly got it all back together, and the size of the internal components is amazing.
Didn't have a lot of trouble getting parts for it, but I believe the parts are getting harder to find every year.

petepilot

You'll never kill that old Conty, they're built like a tank, and the HP/Kw output is so low, there's hardly any stress on any internal component.

I have one in a V60B Cat forklift, I bought it with the engine totally rusted up solid, the idiots that owned it previously left the exhaust open to the weather for years.

I stripped it down and I've nearly got it all back together, and the size of the internal components is amazing.
Didn't have a lot of trouble getting parts for it, but I believe the parts are getting harder to find every year.
some things are getting scarce` especially any one who knows anything about them