• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

0pinions on Equipment Unlimited in Oklahoma

Joe H

Inventory pictures are not at the address on the web site, who knows. Is he looking at the machine, or just on line?

Is the price too good to believe?

Joe H

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
I would stay away from this dealer. I would stick with a Dealer that is an authorized dealer of brand name heavy equipment (Not just farm tractors and implements), but is like a dealer for Kubota, Cat, deere, etc and who has the equipment he is looking at, as Joe H says onsite. I would also maybe look at United Rentals or Herc if buying sight unseen. He may need to look out of State.

Have him also post images of the item, serial number, hours, service records, asking price etc.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Prices seem unrealistically low.

If that's what late model 20teen 289D's are going for I'll keep my 279's. 2018 278D with 2623 listed for $29,965.

Quick search of 289D's with 2k to 3K hours on the clock.

289D High low average.jpg

Average the retail price w/o high and low and the auction w/o high and low and it's $44,848. Considerable difference than $30K for the one they have listed.

Scam level - ELEVATED.

YMMV.

Joe H

As I said, is the price too good to believe?

Unless you want to believe, that's how scams work.

Joe H

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Modern day scammers, who are not even in the US now create full web sites, steal images, offer low prices, don't have the inventory, make up a location, and US phone number, and then want a deposit.

I like the web site Machinery Trader, but you still have to do heavy research on the seller. Pick a brand and model machine you like, then do searches for used ones.

Shimmy1

Inventory pictures are not at the address on the web site, who knows. Is he looking at the machine, or just on line?

Is the price too good to believe?

Joe H
I'm not sure about this. There are hills to the east in Missouri, that matches the pics and the map. The yard has obviously changed, but if I look my house up in street view on Go0gle earth, it's a pic from at least 14 years ago, so I don't know.

I told my dad that if he doesn't drive down there and look at it before buying, I'm not going to answer my phone for him for the next year. The place is offering a 6 month warranty, and 2 week free return for this machine if he's not satisfied. He has it in writing........

Joe H

Last edited by a moderator:

Shimmy1

Google maps shows this as the address that on their website. What map do you have? Where is that machine located?

That's not even close to a legit price https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/for-sale/komatsu/pc170-lc-10/excavators/1031

Dad's about to get fucked out of a whole bunch of money, go hit him in the head.

Joe H
Yes, I see the same street view, but, like I said, the street view for my house is about 14 years old. It's still from before I bought it, still shows the previous owner's car in the driveway, and we bought the house in 2012.

Joe H

Now you're doing the same thing your father is, justifying something you know isn't possible.

A machine as nice as the one in those pictures is not going to sell for 2/3 of what others are.

Where is it?

Go look at it and then you'll know who owns it and more importantly, who doesn't own it.

Joe H

Shimmy1

I'm not trying to justify it. My old man is convinced it's legit, and I'm trying to make him realize that he HAS to drive down there and look at it in person. I just got off the phone with him, and he says they sent him all kinds of info. Oklahoma dealer license, corporate info, tax id, whatever. The last thing he was sending me were the reviews you can find, for crying out loud. I just told him, I could go on there right now and post a review, lol. https://www.google.com/maps/place/E...979642!4d-94.7237066!16s/g/12623ywxb?hl=en-US

A review on Google means absolutely nothing. Less than nothing.

Oxbow

1713323680264.png
That looks like a logging machine in the background. I don't know much about Oklahoma, or logging for that matter, but I never though of Oklahoma as having a timber industry. Maybe in the eastern part of the state?

That said, the video looked good.........it would be worth the trip to go see it I think.

Shimmy1

That looks like a logging machine in the background. I don't know much about Oklahoma, or logging for that matter, but I never though of Oklahoma as having a timber industry. Maybe in the eastern part of the state?

That said, the video looked good.........it would be worth the trip to go see it I think.

This place is like 10 miles from the Oklahoma/Missouri/Arkansas cornerScreenshot_20240416-222419.png

davejo

i looked thru the pics and saw mountains in the background. I thought "idaho"? Then there is the building with the modern machinery logo. Sure enough they are in MT, ID etc.

Is your dad going to go to Ok or MT to see this great deal?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
i looked thru the pics and saw mountains in the background. I thought "idaho"? Then there is the building with the modern machinery logo. Sure enough they are in MT, ID etc.

Is your dad going to go to Ok or MT to see this great deal?

Yep - They aren't even trying hard on the scam.

Komatsu pic on scam site.jpg

Shimmy my Dad is a tight wad too and the internet is sometimes too much of a temptation. Once he found a 4 piece Milwaukee 18V set for $79 or some ridiculously cheap amount. He was telling me after the fact about it and I said - "You didn't order it did you?". He goes no my wife told me not too, she thought it was a scam. Me - "It's a scam pop."

Have you shown him this thread?