• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Our Grinder in action

hvy 1ton

I always get a kick out of grinders and mulchers. I'm kinda surprised the loader had to run a hidump bucket.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
I always get a kick out of grinders and mulchers. I'm kinda surprised the loader had to run a hidump bucket.
They use a hidump to load the trucks when there done grinding, at least thats what we used ours for.

quantum500

I'm kinda surprised the loader had to run a hidump bucket.

Thats what separates the amateurs from the professionals. If you will notice in the video description that is a 11.5 yd bucket. There is no other bucket that big that you could hope to dump into a grinder. We are doing 1000yds per hour +. Crappy thing about going that fast is you plug the elevators at least once a day. Finally all done with that bark today. I'm so happy. Its some nasty dusty stuff, I happened to video it when the going was low dust and the wind was blowing right.

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
Boy does that bring back memories, about 10 years ago I was working on a Highway project running a 631C scraper and we were filling towards a Diamond Z Tub Grinder when all of a sudden a piece of drill steel used on track drills got dumped in the thing and came flying out like a javelin right towards me I dropped the pan as fast as I could and that drill steel landed about 3 feet in front of my scraper it stuck in the ground about 5 feet, had to bring the 325 down to pull it out, needless to say it scared the crap out of me :eek: