• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Nothing wrong with a Pete Dumper, many around here and suspension is correct. Just sad to see a machine like fhat go to waste. Was new as I had started in the industry

Old Doug

I would cut the stack down remove one fuel tank replace it with a tool box find a headache rack that looked like it belonged on it.

Truck Shop

I-------I would put it in a shop-repaint, repower with a 400, install Pete Low Air ride suspension.
Hang a sign outside the shop {Haunted Forrest Keep Out}. Use it on Sunday mornings to drive
to the store to buy cat food for Orange Cat.-------------Blasphemy?
It would be a Blast From Me, anyone walking near or around it even quietly thinking about
making a dump out of it.

crane operator

I almost left a jobsite one day with the boom still up at 30 degrees. I had 4 people talking to me and I was late for two other jobs, so I can see how it could happen. I hopped in the lower cab and didn't see the boom beside me or the hooks hanging- that's when I knew something was up...

We had a rolloff dumpster truck take out a railroad bridge years ago, crane company I was with put it back on the abutments.

JaredV

I almost left a jobsite one day with the boom still up at 30 degrees. I had 4 people talking to me and I was late for two other jobs, so I can see how it could happen. I hopped in the lower cab and didn't see the boom beside me or the hooks hanging- that's when I knew something was up...

We had a rolloff dumpster truck take out a railroad bridge years ago, crane company I was with put it back on the abutments.

I'm curious if the person shooting the video saw what was happening at the last moment or if he was standing there the whole time the truck was sitting at the light waiting for the show. I've seen several videos where someone could have stopped the carnage but chose to stand back and video it.

skyking1

yes I'd make a dump truck out of it. Blasphemy!!
really not serious about that too. It is right in there with the road grader I do not need, or the dozer, or (pick any equipment).
It would make a nice tractor just as it is for a 2 axle lowboy and a 200 excavator. A guy can get a lot done with a 200.
comes in under 80K and only need to hang overwidth banners.
What does that truck weigh, 18K?
two axle lowboy 17K
https://pittstrailers.com/lb35-dc/
200 is 45K

Last edited:

Truck Shop

really not serious about that too.
I realize that also, it would be along the lines of attaching tubing, spray nozzles/chemical
tank and splashing/misting pesticides all over the sides of the plane in your avatar using
it as a crop duster. Actually that would be good use for old WWII fighters and any other
old planes from that era.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
We just did grade work haul off for a local contractor. Old asphalt streets here were placed over old gravel roadbeds, more screenings than gravel and many times next to nothing to that base. dug out 20" of soil placed 18" of Type Five Road Base(Essentially 1' with Screenings and any type stone from 1" down so will compact. Where we had to turn to back onto the new bed we destroyed the asphalt with the dump trucks, city tech stated no worry as have to dig up bad water line there anyway. Have Loess Soil here, compaction became the problem while damp, soon as open to Sun and dried out became concrete.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
I-------I would put it in a shop-repaint, repower with a 400, install Pete Low Air ride suspension.
Hang a sign outside the shop {Haunted Forrest Keep Out}. Use it on Sunday mornings to drive
to the store to buy cat food for Orange Cat.-------------Blasphemy?
It would be a Blast From Me, anyone walking near or around it even quietly thinking about
making a dump out of it.
Sound like some of my trips with my 5 ton. Damn I need to clean it up and get the new windshield put in, such a blast to drive. Also need to adjust the 1st gear, jumps out too early and back in too late.

Old Doug

Its easy to put off stuff on your own trucks . I fixed the horn on my pickup this weekend it had come unplugged and the one on my f600 the bracket broke they were hanging buy the wire welded it back together. The f 600 needs steer tires i have another f600 with new ones i think i will put them on and maybe junk it someday.