• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

P&H 312 Exavator

jeff 31

Occupation
I'm a heavy equipment operator for a large local e
Nice job. Some of the dummies I work with wouldn't know what to do with the cab on the opposite side like the machines of today.

FirstEliminator

Wow, awesome looking machine!

I have a P&H H312. Owned it for a few years and it has paid for itself probably 5 times over. I used to drive it up the road to my house from the shop. One time a track link broke while at my house. Haven't driven it on the road since. Rigged the link back together. A month ago another link broke. I crutched the excavator into the shop. Now, my plan is to fix the tracks. It's going to be a lot of work. But, it needs it. While it's in the shop I am going to put some lights on the boom and under the house. Lots of odds and ends need fixng on this. The generator doesn't charge, the rotate brake doesn't work. Various pins are worn, cab heat doesnt work.
I stumbled onto this site while searching for track parts. Any good sources for rollers and links?

Here is my 1973 P&H H312 doing some clean up. The truck is a Brockway 361.

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/FirstEliminator/?action=view&current=MVI_3842.mp4

thanks,

Mark

Deere500a

^Nice video,love the sound of that Jimmy.Both excavators look great.I enjoy reading stories of the past or present on the old girls

renaud

Great job on giving this "old girl" its pride back!!!
http://s1288.beta.photobucket.com/user/olygremlin/media/PampH418Ste-Justine-3_zps70e54a18.jpg.html
This is a 418 i found in a field one hour drive from where i live.By the look of it, is has'nt moved for several years.
Not that long ago, i went back to this machine.I took as many pictures as i can of all the main components, along with some measurements of everything on it.
Eventually, i am planning on building a scale model of it.
Thanks for showing your 312.
B-t-w, does anyone know if these old P&H had the attachment painted in black or yellow when new??
Max.

Last edited:

Dirtdigger53

I recently acquired a P&H H-312. Worked good for a while. Now having trouble with left track movement. Not sure if it is the control valve, track motor or drive components inside left track housing. I am searching for a service manual or parts manual. Any suggestions on where to find one would be helpful and appreciated.

Dirtdigger53

P & H h-312 Salvage parts

You can buy a operator or parts manual from Terex: 319-352-3920. The manuals also show up on e-bay sometimes.

Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

Would you happen to know where there are any Salvage machines? I need the small double drive sprocket that goes on the hydraulic drive motor. It drives the double chain that drives the track sprocket?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ecm2004

Wow, awesome looking machine!

I have a P&H H312. Owned it for a few years and it has paid for itself probably 5 times over. I used to drive it up the road to my house from the shop. One time a track link broke while at my house. Haven't driven it on the road since. Rigged the link back together. A month ago another link broke. I crutched the excavator into the shop. Now, my plan is to fix the tracks. It's going to be a lot of work. But, it needs it. While it's in the shop I am going to put some lights on the boom and under the house. Lots of odds and ends need fixng on this. The generator doesn't charge, the rotate brake doesn't work. Various pins are worn, cab heat doesnt work.
I stumbled onto this site while searching for track parts. Any good sources for rollers and links?

Here is my 1973 P&H H312 doing some clean up. The truck is a Brockway 361.

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/FirstEliminator/?action=view&current=MVI_3842.mp4

thanks,

Mark
Hello Mark,
New to this site and came across your thread from a while ago. I have a P&h H312 I believe also.. Was looking for manuals or anything to refer to maintenance on this?
Have you had any luck finding parts?
We are not to far from each other . do you still have the 312 ?

RGProducts

ACAFF002-493E-4211-B04C-434B98F51BED.jpeg
P & H h-312 Salvage parts

Would you happen to know where there are any Salvage machines? I need the small double drive sprocket that goes on the hydraulic drive motor. It drives the double chain that drives the track sprocket?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I’m new to the forum due to this conversation. I acquired what I believe to be an H-312 that was on a property I bought. I haven’t gotten into the machine yet, but whether it runs or not, I’m going to sell it. If it doesn’t run, I’d much rather sell it as a parts machine to someone that wanted it than to scrap it out. Take a look and share any thoughts. This model excavator is completely new to me. Thanks!ACAFF002-493E-4211-B04C-434B98F51BED.jpeg 9DE1DC49-A147-40CC-B6DC-886341E4A07E.jpeg

RGProducts

Cool P&H. They seem to be pretty rare anymore. Hopefully someone can make something out of it.

Where are you located?

It would be great if someone could use it. As soon as I find out more about the condition, I’ll share. I’m in south western New York.

RGProducts

Well, the engine is seized, and I have no use for it. If anyone is looking for a parts machine, let me know. I hate to see it go to scrap!