• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Peterbilt CAT Acert C7 Code 25

jlittle2212

Acert C7.
Got all my codes/logged events cleared off today. My problem has came down to the 25 code. However, the check engine light is not staying on all the time, just at certain times when the loss of power occurs. Would this code be logged into ET as logged event instead of active code since the light isn't staying on?

Will the boost pressure sensor cause this fault?

jlittle2212

Didn't you get an ET download when all the codes were wiped...? The engine S/N will be right there in the Configuration Screen. If not call and ask whoever did it for you.

Didn't get the printout Nige. I'll try to get it tomorrow.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Finally found some information on this under the engine S/N prefix KAL. As you correctly stated Code 25 is related to the boost pressure sensor, CID 0102. However the one code covers no less than five different faults, as follows:-

0102-01 - low boost pressure
0102-02 - boost pressure signal erratic
0102-03 - boost pressure sensor voltage high
0102-04 - boost pressure sensor voltage low
0102-07 - boost pressure sensor not responding

Unless the problem continues for long enough to log a code the only way I could see to identify which one of the possible faults is causing the problem would be to run the truck with ET active and have someone in the passenger seat monitor the boost pressure sensor signal.

jlittle2212

Finally found some information on this under the engine S/N prefix KAL. As you correctly stated Code 25 is related to the boost pressure sensor, CID 0102. However the one code covers no less than five different faults, as follows:-

0102-01 - low boost pressure
0102-02 - boost pressure signal erratic
0102-03 - boost pressure sensor voltage high
0102-04 - boost pressure sensor voltage low
0102-07 - boost pressure sensor not responding

Unless the problem continues for long enough to log a code the only way I could see to identify which one of the possible faults is causing the problem would be to run the truck with ET active and have someone in the passenger seat monitor the boost pressure sensor signal.

My prefix is KAL. The check engine light has stopped coming on, truck is still really really weak. Swapped a known good BPS and still doing the same. I may have to end up taking it to the dealer to fix. I have no ET myself. :Banghead

jlittle2212

My prefix is KAL. The check engine light has stopped coming on, truck is still really really weak. Swapped a known good BPS and still doing the same. I may have to end up taking it to the dealer to fix. I have no ET myself. :Banghead
Correction, per ET my engine serial #is 11000600????? I have the 370hp upgrade. Do you need a recal after boost pressure sensor install?

Nige

Correction, per ET my engine serial #is 11000600????? I have the 370hp upgrade. Do you need a recal after boost pressure sensor install?

Where did you get the info regarding the KAL s/n prefix...?
11000600 as a s/n makes no sense at all.
Also what's the deal about 370Bhp..? I can't see any arrangements of the KAL prefix C7 rated at any more than 330BHP. Was the upgrade done by a Cat dealer..?
Do you know what Flash File Part Number is currently installed in the ECM..?

jlittle2212

Where did you get the info regarding the KAL s/n prefix...?
11000600 as a s/n makes no sense at all.
Also what's the deal about 370Bhp..? I can't see any arrangements of the KAL prefix C7 rated at any more than 330BHP. Was the upgrade done by a Cat dealer..?
Do you know what Flash File Part Number is currently installed in the ECM..?

KAL was old engine serial #. It's an emergency vehicle flash in for the 370. Upgrade done by dealer. That is what ET tells me my engine serial # is????

brickhead

That's probably coming up as overboost. Do you have a boost gauge? On mine the atmospheric pressure sensor was going out and would cause the boost pressure gauge to start at a number higher than 0 at idle. So if I came to a stoplight the bps read 5psi then as I accelerate it would add 5psi to actual reading tripping light and defuelling. If that makes sense.

Nige

KAL was old engine serial #. It's an emergency vehicle flash in for the 370. Upgrade done by dealer. That is what ET tells me my engine serial # is????

If the same dealer has worked on this engine for a while now I'd suggest they should be the ones you should be talking to regarding the engine S/N. Let's face it, without a S/N how can you order parts for example..? Especially when you consider there are probably a couple of hundred different arrangements of the KAL prefix C7 engine. How would you know which was the correct one...?

I'd still be interested to know what Flash File it has in it.

brickhead

Flash file really won't have any bearing on ordering parts. Kal serial is what he needs. If the flash file he got works on his kal that means all of the hard parts are the same. Injectors turbo pistons etc. Kal serial is needed for parts like mounts, fan, etc that will be paccar specific.

jlittle2212

That's probably coming up as overboost. Do you have a boost gauge? On mine the atmospheric pressure sensor was going out and would cause the boost pressure gauge to start at a number higher than 0 at idle. So if I came to a stoplight the bps read 5psi then as I accelerate it would add 5psi to actual reading tripping light and defuelling. If that makes sense.

I haven't checked it under load. At idle, on ET boost is 0. I can't run any test because the Ambient air temp sensor doesn't exist on this engine and it's showing as an active code and won't let me do any testing on ET... :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

This is a mess. Apparently they done away with that sensor for the tune. Wonder how that would effect it if I put it back to get the code off to test?

jlittle2212

I can trace any flash file part number directly to the engine arrangement number in which it's used. That's why I was asking for it.

I hate to pay them 90+ an hour to fix what they did previously. I have to do something for the ambient air sensor. I tried crossing over the wiring for the sensor but no avail.

jlittle2212

So you have had an engine replacement..? Who installed the replacement engine, the dealer or someone else..? If it was the dealer you have every right to start banging the table and demanding answers without having to pay $90/hour for the privilege IMHO.

This truck was purchased new by CAT Earthmoving dealer. They ran it ten years and then they sell them. Engine wAs changed. The engine I have now only has almost 4500 hrs. I think the tech that drove the truck done all these tunes. It was sold as is where is...we bought it from them.

Nige

This truck was purchased new by CAT Earthmoving dealer. They ran it ten years and then they sell them. Engine wAs changed. The engine I have now only has almost 4500 hrs. I think the tech that drove the truck done all these tunes. It was sold as is where is...we bought it from them.

As I said before there are no C7 on-highway engines rated at more than 330BHP. If the dealer is playing fast and loose with flash files and engine tunes by setting an engine up with power it was never designed to have in the first place threaten to spill the beans to Cat unless they pull their finger out and help you. That might just bring them to their senses.