• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PF-4410 and PF-5510 Part Identification

JJC_Mech

I was wondering if any one would be able to help me out with an issue I am having on two of our pavers. Under the control panels on the screed, there are two small yellow plugs installed, one on each side of the machine. They have 14 electrical pins and are keyed for installation. The issue is that while we should have 4 of them we only have 3. The augers will not work on whatever side does not have one installed, so we have never been able to run both machines at the same time, which has not been an issue, but definitely could be at some point.

I've checked every page of the parts and service manuals that we have and haven't been able to find any information on what these are or what the part numbers for them would be. We currently do not have any schematics for the machine so I have not been able to identify them that way. I was once informed that they are resistors, but I don't know if that is accurate either. If you can't tell, these pavers are not exactly my specific area of expertise. I called and talked with our parts supplier and they seemed to not know what I was talking about, but perhaps I am not doing a good enough job describing them.

So, after all that, would anyone be kind enough to identify these parts, let me know what the proper nomenclature is for them, and school me up if there is anything specific to know about them? Any help is appreciated!
20230620_094453.jpg
20230620_094504.jpg

JJC_Mech

Here is an update on this in case anyone ever runs into this same issue. I was able to get in touch with a tech rep who works for Blaw-Knox and at least find out what these are. The part number for them is 12832551 and they are simply called out as plugs. You are able to order them via a dealer from Blaw-Knox. He said typically he usually sees them on Ultimat 8/16 and 10/20 screeds, but our machines have an Omni 1A and Omni IIIE screed. It seems where the confusion started with our pavers is that they are IR pavers. The manuals we have came with everything about the paver and its controls, but all the screed manuals were listed on the front cover as "competitive" and not included. I'm not sure what the story is there, but apparently we need to order some more service lit.