• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pics of a grader I stumbled upon

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Thanks for the great info Dwan. :drinkup

I sent the seller a message with my phone number when I saw the auction. So as soon as we make contact, I'll get myself up there.

I have 2 spare 3-71 engines that I use for my tire cutter, one of which is a new rebuild, so we are familiar with the 2 stroke detroits. What kind of transmissions are on these? Are they durable machines? Being a lighter machine, will that have many drawbacks?

I would not be the one to ask about running any grader. The only experance I have with them is the one I have been working on and that has only been in the shop and no seat time.
They have a 3 speed with a high/low range transfer case
and yes I beleave they are durable.

wrenchbender

Here's one a lot like it but in looks much better and is in great mechanical shape. And if I remeber correctly it was bought for a lot less than the one you're looking at a few years ago.

Attachments

• 570 JD.jpg
    570 JD.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 364

OKYLE

wow.... there was one just like the grader you posted, right down the road from me for sale 2 years ago.

I didnt bother picking it up, but it was only 5 grand, and it was in good shape, just needed a paint job. was an old John Deere grader Actually knew the guy that owned it, but really had no use for it, If only i had known it was worth more :)
-------------------------------------
That guy is outta his mind! Thinks he has a sucker, offer him 4 grand for it and tell him whats what! Tell him that things nearly ready for the scrap yard, and ask for paperwork on that imo "bs" engine rebuild. If he dont got it, i think thats plenty proof that hes full of it.

He probably just threw that whole "well the engine was rebuilt" when your face went sour with the price he told you.

If the body was allowed to rust out like that, along with no replacement of windows that look like someone built a 2x4 frame inside the cab... thats usually a red flag that someone treats the equipment like crap.

Yea right , i betcha that engine was never touched ever.

hardtail

Serv I purchased an old Adams 511 about a year ago with spare UD14A engine for 1K and these units seem to be harder to come by up here in the GWN. All mechanical except for hydraulic boost on the steering, need to go over spare and then install and test out unit. Bladeless as I'll call em as it came missing moldboard and mounts from the circle down so I'll either try to find one or most likely fab something up as the County already has cutting edges for the taking. Ebay seems to have lots of older machines going through regularly. I'll try to post some pics, looks better up close most is surface rust where the paint is missing. If it all checks out reasonably then I'll start the beautification process.:D

Any others know what years the 511 came out? Seems Adam history is hard to come by?