• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pintle / Lunette ring selection

Bibendum

Occupation
Millwright
I am in the process of building a 20+4 deckover equipment trailer. At the moment I am putting 2 7k axles under it as I have them as spares, but may somewhere down the line put larger axles or a third axle under the trailer.

I am tryin to decide between pintle / lunette rings. I can’t decide whether to use the bolt through style ring or the flange style with 4 bolts. The two I picked up are rated for 7 ton (2 bolt) or 30 ton (4 bolt)

There is 100 dollar difference between the two.

Which style do most people prefer? I don’t have much experience towing with different style pintles.

Attachments

• 8A8FE28D-A968-489B-B0B9-F973B843B838.jpeg
    8A8FE28D-A968-489B-B0B9-F973B843B838.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

materthegreater

Overkill is your friend. 7 ton will not be enough for a trailer with 7 tons of axles under it.