• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Please help cat 315 slow hydraulics

muller

Hello i need help i have a 1995 315 with arround 14,000 hours no major repairs on it. some times the machine is very very slow in all of its functions, but y lift the arm up and down and then it Works fine, and it Works fine all day, machine becomes slow like 2 or 3 times a day but i do the same thinks with the arm and Works fine again, any ideas of what can it be?

thanks i hope someone can help me on this

thanks
Mauricio

Bob/Ont

Wonder if you have a loose harness connector and you shake it and make a good connection. Check all the connections you can see.
Later Bob

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Sounds like the pilot lock solenoid valve is getting weak and needs to be cycled on and off to open up all the way.

muller

thanks <mobiltech, can you tell me where that selenoid is and what do i have to do with it
thanks

Z2898

Machine has 2 implement pumps. 1 pump supplies basically half of the circuits. Other supplies the other half.

It is NFC hydraulics (Negative flow control) open center.

The pilot pump is fixed displacement and is common to all functions. I would be checking pilot pressure when the problem happens. Possible you are losing pilot pressure at times.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
The pilot lock valve is located under the cab just behind the foot pedal valves for travel. It is energized when you flip up the pilot lock lever. You need to take the plate off under the cab to see it.it is number 19 in the bottom right of this picture
You should check the pilot pressure when you are having problems. There is a test port on the pilot manifold back by the main pumps. The test port is right by the round black pilot accumulator. I would need a serial number to be sure but it should have at least 500 psi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: