• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Plews Edelmann 18V Grease Gun

hvy 1ton

Has anyone had any experience with this gun? Northern Tool has them for 250 compared to the 200 for the 14.4V Lincoln. One plus is the 18V comes with 2 batteries. It is 80 for a second 14.4V battery. I have never heard of Plews Edelmann and have never used any of there stuff. Info on the general quality of their products or specific gun would be much appreciated.

curly

Occupation
loader operator
We use a lincoln at work and other than needing a new battery it works pretty dang well. A few years old and still going strong. Haven't heard of Plews either.

DuraMaxMan66

Occupation
PT student/operator
I just bought the 14.4 Lincoln from Northern and it works beautifully. I dont think the off brand you've never heard of is worth more money just because it comes with a second battery.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Plews used to make the oil cans with the spout or nozzle on them for oiling oil cups etc on electric motors and whatever.I keep one near my lathe and another one in my toolbox on my truck.I mostly use the one on my truck to oil the pins that won't take grease after someone else has been running the machine and not greasing it properly.Usually after a day or two of squirting the pin with oil it will start taking grease again.
I don't know how the Plews name translates into the grease gun business but that is some of their heritage anyway.Ron G

eRay

Plews used to make the oil cans with the spout or nozzle on them for oiling oil cups etc on electric motors and whatever.I keep one near my lathe and another one in my toolbox on my truck.I mostly use the one on my truck to oil the pins that won't take grease after someone else has been running the machine and not greasing it properly.Usually after a day or two of squirting the pin with oil it will start taking grease again.
I don't know how the Plews name translates into the grease gun business but that is some of their heritage anyway.Ron G

I had a bucket pin on my backhoe that I could not get to take grease. I had changed the fitting with no luck and even tried removing the fitting and running a small drill bit in to open it up with no sucess. Today I removed the fitting and sprayed WD40 in the opening before using the backhoe. At the end of the day I tried it and it now takes grease. RonG thank you for the idea.

SKOAL

i got a grease thingy mabopper i got from napa you smash with a hammer that clears just about anything and i think thats the term i used when i bought it .

eRay

i got a grease thingy mabopper i got from napa you smash with a hammer that clears just about anything and i think thats the term i used when i bought it .

I was unaware that there was such a tool, but next time I go by NAPA I'll check on getting me a grease thingy mabopper.

dist3

Occupation
Equipment Manager Enviromental and Site Contractor
I just received 14.4v Alemite grease gun . Happy with it so far We also have some of the earlier lincoln guns.

SKOAL

I was unaware that there was such a tool, but next time I go by NAPA I'll check on getting me a grease thingy mabopper.

theres a dusty napa tool book you might have to look threw wasnt on the comp just realized mines been hijacked i have to go order another one try to get a fella thats worked there awile

plowking740

Occupation
Equipment operator
Our local John deere (brandt equipment) dealer sells them.( grease fitting, hammer cleaner thingy)
I dont know how much, but I seen a whole rack of them in the show room a few weeks ago

surfer-joe

Plews is an old line manufacturer of maintenance items and have a decent reputation. They don't advertise much and I'm not sure they have a national presence.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
I bought a Lincoln and it worked good till I placed it on the tire and it fell to the ground. They wanted more to fix it than I paid which was 200-250. THen I could not get the parts myself to fix it. Dam plastic piece.:mad: