• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

plowing snow

razvy

Anyone used a 3 point hitch attachment whit a rear tractor bade ( 3 point blade) to plow snow ?

salopez

why go through all that truble to use a tool that you will break easily?

just use a snow bucket or get a ss plow.

razvy

I have the plow , and a plate which can be easily modify to accept the 3 point . What I want is metal tracks:slomo

emilbanks

Occupation
Building & Grounds Maintenance
What you suggest will work but as stated it's not the best set -up

Couple years back I used one for plowing season that same set-up it was all I had and it did the job, but you need to be careful you don't go along plowing and hit lets say a frozen in solid rock on a non-paved driveway , it will rattle your bones.
I now have a truck snow plow with springs on it and managed to rig it out so the power angle works on it, is so much smoother.

Emil

razvy

You have a point :notworthy , it is a dirt driveway and it's long , I never plow it before so I my consider a reg. plow blade, just have to figure out the hydraulics .

Wolf

hey guys, it's summer.

hey guys, it's summer. why all this talk about snow?

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I'll second the idea of using a pickup plow, you should be able to find one somewhere for $500 or less if you aren't in a hurry. The hydraulics aren't hard at all, just get a couple couplings and add flow restrictors in line and you're good to go. The truck plow will be much more productive than the rear blade.

OneWelder

Go to one of the farm trac. sites (Ntractorclub - YTmag.com) - they do it but a lot of them complain about sore necks
my thought is it would depend on how much snow you get.

wolfman

Occupation
Wildland Fire Dozer Operator (Fighting Fire with
Hello I went to a State DOT auction and purchased a 10 ft truck plow and built me a bobcat attachment plate and hooked it to the plow and used an chain as the top connection so i could adjust the pitch works great on my S250. than the rest of the year I use the same 3pt plate on my yard tool and I dont have to take the tractor anymore bobcat can do it all.