• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

porta powers and pin pullers

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
The only quality "Blackhawk" stuff I have is an eight ton bottle jack, and a 20 ton port o power; both being produced when the brand was part of "Applied Power" which now includes Enerpac Hydraulics. I have a couple of Porter-Ferguson, and Lincoln Hydraulics setups also. These too are old. All are first rate and worth rebuilding.

Wife purchased a new four ton port o power set for me a Christmas gift about five years ago and it's not near the same quality as the older sets, i.e. Chinese produced. It was purchased citing the "Blackhawk" brand name to keep in the garage at home. In fairness however it is the one I grab mostly as it's in a fitted case with all attachments and I can carry it by my lonesome.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Thanks for all the comments. Gives me a lot to think about. When I find something I will let you guys know. Thanks