• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Power tools up on a platform, are hydraulic and corded tools obsolete?

crane operator

A battery pole saw is about $350. Plus batteries.

A hydraulic saw is about $1,500-2,500 depending on how nice of one you want. Plus hoses.

If he needs to cut all day, you could maybe make the case for hyd.

If its just to trim up some fence rows occasionally, sure looks like battery is the way to go. And I'm not a fan of most battery tools.

Now if it was me, I'd cosy up to the local rural electric cooperative guys, and see when they are getting new saws, or if they have a old one sitting on the shelf. $4-500 might buy a pretty nice used one.

davejo

I'm seeing used hydraulic chain or circular limb cutters from 4 to $700. are the hoses a hassle to work with or keep organized?

I have several stihl batteries for my small chainsaw and I priced the pole saw that the batteries would work with at $320. It is homeowner-grade.