• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Prentice 410d joysticks don't work

ilovetracks

Is there a safety hydraulic lockout in cab? Electric over hydraulic works (delimber and outriggers), joysticks don't work. Acts like excavator when then safety lever is down. Thanks

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
What do you mean it acts like an excavator? IIRC all of the stabilizers and delimber are live at all times when the engine is running. The only hydraulic lockout was the safety lever Which has a switch that activated a solenoid under the cab.

ilovetracks

I come for dirt equipment, all my excavators have a safety that blocks hydraulics on joysticks. Owner did think 410d has safety but it sure seems like it does. Thanks

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Ok. So there’s a couple ways to check it. First is to check the electrical side. Under the safety bar is a a 2 wire switch.you can check to make sure it’s working with a simple test light. With the key on you should have power coming in on one wire. With the bar down you should have power in both. That will prove that the switch is working. Next is to follow the wires under the cab. They should run to an aluminum hydraulic valve underthe floor, behind the foot swing valve. Make sure you have power there with the arm bar down. You may need to remove the magnet and coil from valve to make sure the plunger is pulling in when the magnet is energized. If you have power there but the plunger doesn’t work you need to replace the coil and cartridge. I believe your pilot pump is still good because your stabilizers are functioning.