• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Quick hitching for strengthing arm excavator

case9030b

Does anyone know of a better way of attaching the strengthning arm for a grapple to the dipper arm instead of pins??There must be an easier way!!!

Thanks Jason

Attachments

• Picture 110 (Large).jpg
    Picture 110 (Large).jpg
    50 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

I do not see what could be easier than putting one pin in a hole.
No hydraulics to mess with, no fancy mechanism to break, simple and strong.

What more could you ask for.

By the way, I always wonder about tracks up that high. Once you lift a track a few inches, you know you can't make the pick, so why not set it down and move closer instead of jacking it up needlessly?

Hendrik

By the way, I always wonder about tracks up that high. Once you lift a track a few inches, you know you can't make the pick, so why not set it down and move closer instead of jacking it up needlessly?
My guess the load was being placed when it went up, along the lines of it lifted the load closer to the machine but was too heavy as the arm went out.

case9030b

Pins get tiresome when changing over attachments a few times a day,I know theres a better system out there always is.

Its a photo shot!The operator has 30yrs exp he's just playing around.

rockmuncher

Well I often change from between a magnet and grabs several times in a day.
I have to get out and unplug the wires for the magnet before I can let go with the quick hitch and swap to the grabs. And then put the pin in the grabs.

You just get used to it.

Do you put a bolt in the pin every time?

Shane

case9030b

Ive been told of another set up instead of pin,Sure a pin is easy and simple but
IMO its a PITA!!

That grab on the komatsu isnt easy to get on and off its VERY heavy,2 person job.