• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rad or torque guns

Zewnten

Looking at buying myself one second hand. Are there any brands to watch out for or better than another? Probably going pneumatic than electric so I know I need a regulator, any reason for the fancy regulator units in cage other than the drier?

ahart

Same, RAD is all I’ve used. I wouldn’t put that expensive of a unit in front of any regulator other than theirs in my opinion. We had big ones for D11 track bolts and one small enough to roll over a 3516 engine for setting valve lash. They’re pretty handy

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I think mine is a hy-torq. Bought it from eBay with a current calibration. Think it goes to 1000 ft lbs. only ever used it to torque track pad bolts. Way better than a breaker bar and cheater pipe