• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Radiator flush

Marksan

l want to flush the engine/rad cooling system of my 1988 200 series Kobelco. ls there any flush type chemicals to avoid??

Any tricks that make the process as effective and painless as possible would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

jcbmanuk

here we usually take the rad off and flush with clean water. dome people use a power washer, i have heard of some people using washing powder!

good luck

buckfever

I'v heard that flushing with chemicals realy dosen't do much. most of the clog if their is any is usually is rust particals and calcium build-up. anything that will remove this clog will most likely destroy the rad and most of the seals in the motor.

Marksan

Thanks Guys,
l had read elsewhere about dishwashing soap etc, so i will give it a go, didnt like the idea of using a draino type of chemical in the coolant system.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
hi Marksan,
cummins ontario sells a Fleetguard rad flushing formulation
meant especially for this undertaking

part# CC 2610, RESTORE, HEAVY-DUTY COOLANT CLEANER ( 3.78L ), CC2610-X

part# CC 2638, RESTORE PLUS, HEAVY-DUTY COOLANT CLEANER ( 3.78L ), CC2638-X

tks.
adam