• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

RAP Driveways

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Back a few years ago I was able to purchase millings from the Texas Motor Speedway grind. Some of the material had oil added in during the regrind process and the driveways I installed with it look and performed almost as well new asphalt. Not quite as black and pretty, but very durable. I used a ton vibratory roller and they turned out really nice. The "oil added" product is long gone, but I wonder if anyone has mixed oil into RAP when spreading and what were the results?

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I've seen some pretty heavily traveled private roads around here done with RAP. It looked nasty at first, like black gravel with huge hunks of asphalt mixed in. They spread it pretty thick but pretty carefully with a lot of water mixed in, I assume for compaction. Over a couple of months that stuff packed into what now looked like a rough paving job and held up very well. I would recommend it.