• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

replacing rollers on 277 undercarriage

brabe

i just removed the tracks on a 277b and i need to replace the front and rear rollers. (the rubber is very worn and the front roller is making a screaching noise when turned with the track off. ) it appears like a pretty straightforward fix since i already have the track off) is my only option with a cat dealer or is there other companies that sell asv undercarriage parts cheaper. I have not priced it yet but does anyone know what these parts cost
thanks for any input
i have a feeling it will be expensive

Bytec

Hi ...

Your feeling ist good. Our Cat Dealer here in Germany said the replace of all rollers is about 16000€ - > 20.900$ :eek::eek::eek:

That was the reason cause we changed our Cat 277B (with 700 hours) to the new Cat 279C.

Greetz

Bytec

equipmentguy

rollers

i just removed the tracks on a 277b and i need to replace the front and rear rollers. (the rubber is very worn and the front roller is making a screaching noise when turned with the track off. ) it appears like a pretty straightforward fix since i already have the track off) is my only option with a cat dealer or is there other companies that sell asv undercarriage parts cheaper. I have not priced it yet but does anyone know what these parts cost
thanks for any input

look up bear products ( i think that is the name) if not google cat 277b rollers. This guy makes a metal one for it I hear it works great.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Leave it to the aftermarket to get right what CAT couldn't or wouldn't correct. Plastic boggie wheels?:beatsme, no grease tensioner?:pointhead and expensive proprietary tracks?:Banghead.

ikold

Cat 277b

We just bought a 277b at auction last week. Needs a bit of work including new tracks / rollers. Has anyone used the bair rollers? What did it cost you to replace with the bair products and how are they working out.

Also does anyone know what the maximum lift capacity of the 277b is with forks? Can't seem to find a max lift number anywhere. We need to lift 3k pallets and are using a cat 420d backhoe with forks now with no problems but would much prefer to use the 277b would be far easier to mover around the yard.

74inchShovel

I put a set of Bair wheels on the back of RC 30, not really a comp for your machine but I will share a few thoughts. First of all, Bair should have this product preloaded with all bearings and seals etc. Secondly, bearing set up was not real straight forward- be on your toes if you go this route. Check w/ ASV for parts, might be cheaper. I think the Bairs will wear pretty good, though it is too soon to tell.

QuickTrax

thanks for any input

Brabe, We have bought and rebuilt many of these rollers. The Cat 277B has ASV undercarriage on it. I have been buying all of my rollers and roller parts from the ASV dealer. They are OEM parts and they are a lot cheaper than going through Cat. I have been buying all of my parts from Rubber Tracks USA for the ASV. The # is 1-866-900-1790 and ask for Rhee. They have the complete rollers and wheels and even parts to rebuild the roller if you need too.
If your roller is making noise you probably have the bearings going out. I would tug on all of them to make sure that is not your only one going out. The Cat 247 to the 287 have had big time problems with the rollers.
Good luck, QuickTrax