• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Reynolds finishing scraper LSE-14

BrystarShop

my company has an Lse-14 scraper that when you raise it up to its highest position it will not go down straight the left side always lowers faster.
i have rebuilt and swapped the cylinders and it still does the same thing. there are no other valves in the system to say that it is a valve problem. i am at a loss of whats wrong and this has 3 different mechanics besides myself stumped, any input would be greatly appreciated.

JaredV

I'm sure you guys are sharp enough to catch this but I'll throw it out there anyway. Is it plumbed so the fluid flows from the top of one cylinder directly to the bottom of the other? My cousin had a high dump silage wagon that was plumbed that way. For some reason it worked for years until it finally blew out the seal on the first cylinder. I was looking at it and something didn't seem right about the plumbing. Traced the hoses and figured it out.

reynoldslse14finishscraper-7~3.jpg

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Unless it's been plumbed for lazer or total station so it can cut cross fall I guess it ain't right.

56wrench

Cylinders in series work better for precision control and uneven load from side to side. The cylinders may be slightly different in bore size or rod size to get them to move evenly. Parallel cylinders of the same size would raise the lightest load first unless the frames are joined and rigid or joined with a rockshaft. Ag tillage equipment may be a combination of parallel and series depending on the configuration

Shimmy1

Are the lines to each cylinder teed? Maybe there used to be an orificed fitting in the barrel end of each cylinder to require some back pressure on the raise circuit when lowering?

BrystarShop

Are the lines to each cylinder teed? Maybe there used to be an orificed fitting in the barrel end of each cylinder to require some back pressure on the raise circuit when lowering?
they are teed looking through the parts manual and tracing everything we arent missing anything. I finally found someone local that has one and looked at his this weekend. he has a diverter valve on it and it works like its supposed to. we added one last week and everything is working according to plan at the moment