• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Scrub Puller

movindirt

Yair... :D

I saw this picture on Instagram and figured I'd repost it here, seems hard to believe that machine would have enough power to muscle that whole blade through the ground.

Screenshot_2016-06-12-13-50-25-1.jpg

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Gotcha fellers. I have seen that picture before. To my eyes it's an unusual set up with the trailer, the dolly is way back from the drive . . . it may even be in South America

It is a typical Australian style truck and stick-rake though with unusually long teeth that have suffered some damage. They are used for broad acre land clearing and do not penetrate the ground . . . in operation the idea is to "float" it so the tractor is only pushing sticks.

A good operator will have very little dirt in the heaps.

That looks like an early design (from my era) and I see the latest ones lay back more so as to theoretically "carry" the sticks on the rake to some extent rather than just push them.

They have been made up to fifty feet wide but are more common and manageable at around thirty to thirty five feet which is suitable for about a three hundred HP tractor.

Various patterns/techniques are used in operation but a simple system of going around and around or back and forth like plowing will beat the fancy methods every time.

Cheers.

Last edited:

lantraxco

From the looks of the fields there I would say they aren't pushing it through anything harder than topsoil... raking up rocks maybe? Mine reclamation?

lantraxco

Something that wide you still have to have a lot of structure with that much muscle behind it....

Queenslander

I seem to remember that photo as being on Cubbie Station, at some 97000 acres, the largest cotton irrigation project in the Southern Hemisphere.
Virtually the whole area is billiard table flat and originally covered with only light timber.
I was at a local engineering works the other day and they were building a 50ft rake to go on a D10 for another large grain grower.

Last edited:

Queenslander

No I didn't, but they did say that when they were done building that one they had to build him another, so I should have plenty of time to grab some.

Queenslander

97,000 acres :eek: Thats a big farm!

It seems that I've ballsed up my acres and hectares.
The total aggregation of the company is around 97000 hectares, about 240000 acres.
33000ha has been developed for irrigated agriculture.
It is only possible to water the entire area in large flood years,usually about one in ten
Government is continually under pressure from green groups and other stakeholders to buy the property and return the water back to the Murray Darling river system.
image.jpeg