• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

second bucket for a pc 75 ?

dany

Occupation
professor
I bought, about a month ago, a komatsu PC75uu around 3400hrs Tried it before snow gets in. It works fine, although I have to change the 4 leaking o-rings at the fuel pump. The PC75 is now kind of stored for winter. There is 3ft+ of snow all over.
My question is what kind of second bucket should I buy? I tought about a 48 inches. I saw on the forum someone having a 52 inches, or so. Would a bucket over 48 be too heavy? I intend to use it for manure loading into a spreader, for surface drainage work and for other works that can handle a larger bucket. The dealer has suggested a 48 inches.

Thank you
Dany:cool:

Anto Modded

Occupation
Excavator Driver
5 foot bucket is ok on a 7 tonne, a shallow one is better. Got one before and it was a deep one and was heavy, worked and graded grand, but with a load it was a bit heavy. I used a shallow 5 foot and it was perfect. As stated above what size is the bucket you have on te machine now

dany

Occupation
professor
bucket

Thank you for your answers,

Right now, it is a 24 inches.

Dany:)

dany

Occupation
professor
pc75

No, I actualy bought it from a guy who bought it last year (2008) at R&B auction in MOntreal. The excavator was at 2 km from home when I bought it.
In 2009 the price was too high at this auction to make good deals. I don't know if this was also the case in Vancouver??
:)

joispoi

You mention manure loading first, so I'm guessing that's the primary need for the bigger bucket? If the bucket is too narrow (either in width or in height) manure tends to get caked in there. The larger and more square the opening of the bucket, the easier it is to dump (no pun intended).

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
manure is not as dense as most other materials so I would definitely get a larger bucket may even a skeleton bucket .
SkeletonBkt01.jpg

w2bstoned

that would be cute loading cow manure with one of those...lol There would be more manure on the machine then in the spreader....lol