• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Seller & Ebay Warning

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I have a client that has been burned by an internet scam and he has given me permission to spread the work on this scam.

Yunick Motorsports, LLC is a criminal operation that purports to sell high horsepower racing and diesel engines on the internet. The fraud involves advertising on Ebay, Facebook and their own web site for high performance racing engines, high horsepower diesel engines and components used in high performance engines. There are multiple victims who can be found by doing a Google search. The owner is currently awaiting trial in Florida on a state charge of organized fraud. The scam works by generating interest with an Ebay ad showing partially assembled engines with the promise that they can be finished to specification with a factory warranty. Items have to be paid for up front. Once the wire transfer is made they stall the sale past the Ebay guarantee and then keep stalling. Then they will come back with needing more money in order to obtain the programming from the factory and beginning the warranty. The whole thing is done by email and texts. Because the fraud is committed using the internet, email and text messaging, it is defined as wire fraud which is a federal crime. The owner currently is charged under state law but we intend to try to get this filed under federal law as well.

If anyone else has heard of or had any dealings with this company I would like to hear about. Start a private conversation with me and I can relate that to the proper authorities.

Thank you and be careful out there. Crooks are making the web their home.

John C.

Occupation
LLC means Limited Liability Company. It is almost the same thing as a Sub Chapter S Corporation. What that means is that business operations done within the business itself do not endanger the assets of the individual owners. If your company goes bankrupt and the creditors are lined up to take the money that is owned to them, they can't touch any of your assets like your possessions, bank accounts or securities and so on. In most cases it does not shield the owners of the company from illegal operations like fraud.

This guy did the bankruptcy thing some years ago and one of the creditors went to the bankruptcy court and proved that the money owed was as a result of fraud and that money cannot be discharged in a bankruptcy. The bankruptcy court agreed. He just moved his operation for Georgia to Florida and started over.

Truck Shop

I was being my usual self John, I can't repeat the slang for LLC on here. Sorry I caused you a bunch of
typing.

John C.

Occupation
Not a problem. Send me a PM on the slang. Maybe I can use it in some other venue.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Operators like this usually cross the wrong type of people eventually, and they get what they deserve - if they're lucky, it's a vicious beating on a dark night by unidentifiable assailants - or sometimes, even better, it's a bullet in the head from a hit man. Some people are just straight-out oxygen thieves.

John C.

Occupation
Here is an update on the case for November 15, 2022.

I contacted Ebay about the ads put up by Yunick Motorsports, LLC and they pulled down the listings under that name. However they did not pull down the listings posted under 2011gregs which is the owners listings. I have called and put reviews up but nothing is happening at all on those. The owner, Gregory H Slayton has apparently put his son Eric in charge of the contacts and is claiming a new address that doesn't include a house or lot number. Mr. Slayton has a final pretrial hearing next week on the charge of Organized Fraud and hopefully a trial date will be set. I found that he is also operating under the name of Delta Plows.

I have been contacted by another victim sent to me by the detective on the case to compare notes. Same scam, same results. I talked to the detective again last week and she said they are investigating another victim and was getting a warrant for banking records again. I did go through the county records and can look up the current court cases involving this person and also figured out how to look up Federal Cases as well using the PACER system. Costs are minimal in some cases of none at all in others.

Be aware of these names if they come up in a word search looking for parts or complete engines. Yunick Motorsports, LLC, Delta Plows is the subsidiary company in Florida, Gregory H Slayton and 2011gregs. I put them here so they will show up in searches.

Eric96

Here is an update on the case for November 15, 2022.

I contacted Ebay about the ads put up by Yunick Motorsports, LLC and they pulled down the listings under that name. However they did not pull down the listings posted under 2011gregs which is the owners listings. I have called and put reviews up but nothing is happening at all on those. The owner, Gregory H Slayton has apparently put his son Eric in charge of the contacts and is claiming a new address that doesn't include a house or lot number. Mr. Slayton has a final pretrial hearing next week on the charge of Organized Fraud and hopefully a trial date will be set. I found that he is also operating under the name of Delta Plows.

I have been contacted by another victim sent to me by the detective on the case to compare notes. Same scam, same results. I talked to the detective again last week and she said they are investigating another victim and was getting a warrant for banking records again. I did go through the county records and can look up the current court cases involving this person and also figured out how to look up Federal Cases as well using the PACER system. Costs are minimal in some cases of none at all in others.

Be aware of these names if they come up in a word search looking for parts or complete engines. Yunick Motorsports, LLC, Delta Plows is the subsidiary company in Florida, Gregory H Slayton and 2011gregs. I put them here so they will show up in searches.
This is his son eric I got absolutely nothing to do with my stupid pos father iv barely even turned a wrench at that red neck **** hole shop I just stumbled upon this because lately he took out a cell phone in my name with out my permission or knowledge so I did some googling bc he’s done **** like this in the past (imagine that) if your client has any more info or anything let me bc the stupid **** bag just says this is all made up n won’t admit that he’s using my name to sell/scam motors bc he’s already trashed his own name

John C.

Occupation
I have responded to Eric on direct messaging.

The case is still ongoing. Gregory Slayton has been indicted by the Florida Attorney General's office and is waiting for trial. The case has been delayed multiple times I believe because of the mess caused by Covid and the Governor of the State removing their elected Attorney General. The have changed the prosecutors on the case multiple times who have to start over from square one each time. There have also been more victims trapped to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars. Tomorrow is supposed to be another pre-trial hearing. We are not holding our breath on anything getting done.

Welder Dave

A few days ago a 41 year old man well known to the police as being involved in drugs and gangs and other criminal activity was shot at a service station as was his 11 year old son! Both were pronounced dead at the scene. It was a targeted shooting. His son apparently liked playing basketball. (back in 2021 he was also the target of a shooting in a restaurant but no one was killed that time) A burned out SUV believed to be used by the shooter(s) was found a few miles away. It wasn't far away from where I used to live. They are still looking for the shooters.

Some of these scammers and crooks deserve what they get but they also need to consider what could happen to members of their family if they mess with the wrong people.

John C.

Occupation
Update on Slayton case:
I have received multiple communications stating that Eric Slayton's name was fraudulently used. The web page that showed his name was pulled shortly after I reported it and there is no evidence that Eric was ever involved in any of Greg Slayton's fraudulent activities.
Greg Slayton has a pretrial hearing on February 7 and hopefully jury selection for trial on March 11.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Update on Slayton case:
I have received multiple communications stating that Eric Slayton's name was fraudulently used. The web page that showed his name was pulled shortly after I reported it and there is no evidence that Eric was ever involved in any of Greg Slayton's fraudulent activities.
Greg Slayton has a pretrial hearing on February 7 and hopefully jury selection for trial on March 11.
No trial will happen, they keep kicking the can down the road and keep offering him plea deal bargains till either one is taken or settle out of court. At which then one can file bankruptcy.

John C.

Occupation
Debt relief through bankruptcy cannot be granted if part of a crime.

Political commentary in violation of Forum Rules has been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welder Dave

A lot depends on how much money Greg Slayton has for lawyers. Big corporations or wealthy people can hire the best lawyers to drag things out for years. It's one of the problems with the legal system when one side doesn't have deep pockets. Sadly It's often the not guilty party that can't afford the best lawyers.

Joe H

oarwhat

OMG this stole at least $500,000 from boat owners looking for rebuilt engines. I can't believe he never went to jail. I called him out on boatdiesel as a fraud. At first I was the bad guy until the stories started coming out.. Check out the thread were we went round and round. This was in 2009 and last I heard he was going to jail. Damn he's the worst!!

https://boatdiesel.com/Forums/index.cfm?CFAPP=0&Forum_ID=607&Thread_ID=38667&Search=2&SR=1

oarwhat

Damn I wondered about that. I can't figure out a way to put it on here. That guy is getting me pissed off again just reading those threads again.
anyone know how I could post them?