• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Slip form Barrier

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Here are some pics of the machine that is slip forming the centre reservation crash barrier.
They were going to use the machine that has been doing the slot drain but due to access and other problems it had not finished the first operation and the barrier was ready to go so they brought another machine in.
I understand the same crew have been running both machines. ( not on same shift though)

Attachments

• cent res 013.jpg
    cent res 013.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 3,006
  • cent res 015.jpg
    cent res 015.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,928
  • cent res 014.jpg
    cent res 014.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,255

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I am on nights at the moment as a service machine to the barrier machine.
Very easy ;) move the washout skip for the concrete trucks, move the reel with the cable that is set in the concrete wall. Finally clear up last bit of waste when the machine finishes at end of the shift.
Last night was setting the wall shutters to infill sections that were left for the cable ducts.

Attachments

• cent res 017.jpg
    cent res 017.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2,117
  • cent res 018.jpg
    cent res 018.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,117
  • cent res 016.jpg
    cent res 016.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,704

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Neat stuff there atlasrob. When i was doing bridge work a crew with a totally crap form machine dropped one off the bridge I was working on. Big Splash! nobody got hurt luckily but totally P/O the job super. I was doing Pm on our crane on the barge and about filled my shorts when i say the bleedin thing coming down. O'couse that whole bridge was nothin but trouble...

Lashlander

Good stuff. It amazes me that concrete stands that tall without forms. Sure takes a lot of labor out of the mix.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Good stuff. It amazes me that concrete stands that tall without forms. Sure takes a lot of labor out of the mix.

It amazes me also. I will ask what the operating speed is when laying. I know a 8m truck is gone in about 15mins. When the machine pulls clear at the end of play the labour put 4 bits of wood and quick release clamps on the top sides, then fill the last 2 feet back up to design level. You can just see the 1" step in last pic. Takes them about 15mins than clamps come off and they are GONE! Next shift they cut the end straight with a disc cutter and break the surplus off with a jack hammer. :drinkup

The mix has steel strands in it for strength, plastic strands for plyability, and some cement replacement, and boy does it toughen up quick !

luzer

My expirience whit tall stuff:

It´s dependence from consistency of the concrete. Each truck must be the same.

capacity:
small curb 25 cm tall, 700m - 1000 m/day.
tall barier 80 cm and more, 300 - 500 m/day the operating speed is really low of course if you want rally levelled result (no billow suface, like adriatic sea).

My question is:

What is the length of the mold for really small radius? If someone heve expirience and he is a user of this forum, please answer me.