• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Small fluxcore welder

DIYDAVE

I sure wish ford was still making that 300 L6. Coupled to a 4 speed granny gear tranny, it could pull a tornado off course...:cool:

@92U 3406, That's one of the reasons I bought my first miller 211 because it came with two plugs for the end of the cord... a 110v and a 220v, takes all of 15 seconds to switch ends and you go from a 110volt welder that can do 1/4 inch in one pass to a 220volt that I have welded 1/2inch one pass... I have welded a lot thicker but the duty cycle really kills you if you have more than a couple feet of welding to do.

If you buy a new miller, 240 volt wire feed welder, it has circuitry, that can tell if you have single or 3 phase, all by itself... Now there's no need for 2 plugs, on the 240 volt machines...:eek::eek:

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
^^ one plug is for 110v standard house wall socket, My plasma's have the auto detect circuitry for single and three phase... very handy, no rewiring every time you change locations. :)

Old Doug

I got to use the same welder that i use years ago its a cheap under 100.00 rig. He left it with me and i used it some it works good but i dont like the slag maybe diffrent wire would work some better.I even welded a washer to a broken off easy out to get it out.For now i dont plan on buying one because i dodnt want to stay in the same line of work much longer.