• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Small Scraper Question

micklandry

I know little to nothing about pull scrapers. Looking to dig a pond and move some dirt on my place. Will a 90 horsepower 4wd farm tractor pull a small scraper (6-10 yard)? The soil is rather sandy.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
If your going to use a bowl type scraper, dolly wheels would be good, otherwise you stand a chance of snapping your drawbar. Beegee scrapers are available too, those look like big box blades. With a 90hp tractor, I'd try the 6 yard size and see how it handled it. glad to hear you have 4wd, it will come in handy. Do you have anything else to pull it out if it gets stuck?

micklandry

Yea I have a dozer I could pull it out with. Problem is I need to move the dirt a fairly good distance, the tractor (if it was able to do the job) would be quicker thus I could move more dirt faster. Thanks for the reply.

Mick