• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Snow Pusher Bucket Project

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Here is the bucket I modified with two arms attached with 24 inches high of Conveyor belt. It works great for pushing long distances and you end up with 2.5 to 4 buckets worth of snow to pile. Few tricks to learn about using , but for big lots have not seen anything comparable for small cash invested.
The 2 arms come off in 3 min., and go on in maybe 4-5 min.
This is a 84 inch bucket on a 332G. Pushes it no problem.
Simon C

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Nice! I think I've seen some similar setups commercially available but I bet they are not cheap either.

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
I looked at Metal Pless angle blades made in Quebec. The best made out there, but at $18000.00 dollars a small plate welded to each side of bucket with a receiver tube welded to plate and 5 foot long 2" tubing pushed into it with one securing bolt and conveyor belt bolted to it. That was what my math skills told me would pay back the fastest.
It is the snow that doesn't roll out the sides that saves the most time.
Might not be fancy, did not even paint the arms, but works better than I anticipated. No engineers to pay.
Simon C