• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some one not happy with our Copper mine.

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
My guess is someone wanted down time or OT. as that size of Rubber did not come from Boeing flying by. 2 men rolled off belt but took some effort.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If that piece of tyre was mixed with the rock in the highwall then a wheel loader or shovel could have easily dug it up and loaded on the back of a truck. Flexible eough to find its way through the primary crusher (I assume it's a gyratory.?) and probably was never spotted until it hit those hoops over the belt on the way to the coarse ore bin.

Many years ago on night shift I was called to the primary crusher to recover a piece of the bucket cutting edge from a 992 wheel loader with 3 teeth still attached to it. Crushers don't like that...

Tyler d4c

If that piece of tyre was mixed with the rock in the highwall then a wheel loader or shovel could have easily dug it up and loaded on the back of a truck. Flexible eough to find its way through the primary crusher (I assume it's a gyratory.?) and probably was never spotted until it hit those hoops over the belt on the way to the coarse ore bin.

Many years ago on night shift I was called to the primary crusher to recover a piece of the bucket cutting edge from a 992 wheel loader with 3 teeth still attached to it. Crushers don't like that...
Problem with those edges is the lack of munchy crunchy potential. Makes good money for us belt repairs at times