• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some pics of my current project

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
The pucks are brittle and wasted. Got lucky with the bolts. As soon as the operator saw smoke, he shut it off and called me. We towed it in with a spare 57. I agréé with the alignment check but headquarters won't go for that . This is a perfect time to do rear motormounts and be done with it. But you know how the old saying goes, " crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one you get first ".
We'll rebuild the yoke. The cage and bearings are fine. The driveshaft will go to the shop to be rebuilt. We normally have spares but for some reason, parts go to the shop and never return. If the parts were in the trailer, it would have been running before quitting time. But....oh well. I'm out of here until Monday. Not my problem anymore.
20220614_144558.jpg20220614_144706.jpg20220614_144744.jpg

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Two out of three ain't bad....right ?

Yep. 2 out if 3 of our politically correct, low emission, green pieces of crap are parked. Why? Parts that are either on nationwide backorder, only found in Europe or Australia or software issues. Brother....CAT struck out with this abomination. Who ever designed these machines obviously has never had to work on them. This particular machine waits for a lower coolant hose.....coming from Australia. Really? Thats the closest one? Apparently so.
Amazing... sell a machine without any kind of spare parts/service..
What a concept...

20220627_130800.jpg

RollOver Pete

Occupation
657K ser# WSJ00182 with
1200 hrs. Still under warranty.
CAT has been out here 3 times for this turd and now the DEF pump is out.
But wait...it gets better. These DEF pumps which were shoved down our throats......nation wide back order..
60 days out!

ps......
I'd like to thank CARB and the EPA for turning our industry into a total sh!t show.

20220707_075617.jpg

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
657K ser# WSJ00182 with
1200 hrs. Still under warranty.
CAT has been out here 3 times for this turd and now the DEF pump is out.
But wait...it gets better. These DEF pumps which were shoved down our throats......nation wide back order..
60 days out!

ps......
I'd like to thank CARB and the EPA for turning our industry into a total sh!t show.

View attachment 263281
Yabutt !
No emissions from your machine for at least 60 days....they have won.

boone

Pete, is that your same Dodge from page 1? Curious how many miles you have on it now? I know you said you had 50k miles in the first 12 months. Can't imagine how many it has now.