• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

ZVNJ

Depends what STOODY product you are using, I use STOODY 101HC 1/16" with 75-25 gas@26v, 200a, dc reverse. If it was
.045 I would start at 22v 150a wire speed you will have to play with.
Good luck with it.

The manufacturer says to use 98% argon 2% oxygen. How well is it performing with the 75/25 mig gas?

Awesome rig and excellent work, thanks for sharing.

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Hey Z, in my STOODY product selection guide it states 98/2, 75/25, or co2, the larger diameter wire it can be used with co2 or open-arc. I use 1/16" with 75/25 with excellent results.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
That OTC 17 1/2 power twin looks familiar! Many moons ago first boss at the shop bought a set of OTC pullers: 17 /12, 30, and 50 tons along with an assortment of hand powered pullers. If I recall the full set including a couple hand pumps and one electric pump went for the outrageously high price of $5,000.00! Yea that was a few years back!

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
The 135 has 5000 hours on it and we'll lubricated, the 85 has 1180 hours on it and also well lubricated, these things start out with excessive clearances and poorly finished parts = prematurely loose machines.
Those machines look too new to need line boring. We're they never greased?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
The 135 has 5000 hours on it and we'll lubricated, the 85 has 1180 hours on it and also well lubricated, these things start out with excessive clearances and poorly finished parts = prematurely loose machines.
So rather than lack of grease it is the excess clearances both letting grit get in to act as a grinding compound along with the slop hammering the metal out?