• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Something to think about

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
One of my son's friends (early 20's - young wife and a kid) just dropped a downpayment on a new tract house and I think he said its in the 230's, and probably 1,300-1,500 square ft.

About the same here for a new starter home on the outskirts.

A large portion of the cost of a new home is the infrastructure. Being in that business experienced the price increases on everything from crushed rock to concrete pipe. Been out of the homebuilding business a while but I'd wager the cost impact on a new home for a developed lot is 30-35% of the cost compared to 20-25% back in the late 90's and mid 2000's. At least here anyway.

skyking1

The new house:
"Building valuation for new construction is based on most
current issue of the ICC Building Safety Journal."
The house is valued at $167.37/SF
The unfinished basement and the carport and decks are $23.20/SF
I'll come in higher on the carport and basement, and lower on the house SF. That's with me doing the bulk of the work.