• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sourcing Hydraulic Seals For Telehandler

Mike4799

I am trying to order a seal kit for the frame level cylinder on a JLG G6-42a. The cylinder has been leaking for a little while and it is time to fix it. It was a little disconcerting the first time I used it after the oil had leaked from the cylinder and the machine tilted over when a load was put on the forks. Anyway... serial number is 0160009585. The markings on the cylinder are as follows. 9147-3069 1358541
103380 356L-27

Looking at online manual the serial number puts in the last group. So I guess I need seal kit 70021633. It looks like the cost of this kit averages about $350. Is there a way to find this cheaper by not buying the seals as this kit? This is the first time I have dealt with this. Also why is it called a frame level cylinder in one spot and frame sway cylinder in another?

Everyone always mentions Hercules.com for seals. I checked there and this part number does not come up and searching by model does not show a g6-42a as an option.

If I go back one serial number grouping and search that seal kit part number brings up more hits and much cheaper, around $140.
What is the best way to get these parts. Thanks. You guys are the best...

Attachments

• G6-42amanual500-501.pdf
    139.7 KB · Views: 2

Mike4799

I was mistaken about which serial number grouping I should be in. All those digits confused me. I am one grouping back which should be seal kit 91404172 which comes up in a search and is reasonable priced. Thanks.