• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Spring/summer works

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Just like that, all that snow we had is gone. I plowed snow off an access road for the city with a dozer on Tuesday. They were trying to find a water leak. A lot of sleds travel that way, so it was packed down hard. Yesterday, it rained hard all day. last night was mild and foggy. Drove by the road this morning, and the windrow from plowing off the road is almost gone. It's shorts weather out there now. Not sure if the world is ready for my white legs.

20/80

Occupation
operator
Just like that, all that snow we had is gone. I plowed snow off an access road for the city with a dozer on Tuesday. They were trying to find a water leak. A lot of sleds travel that way, so it was packed down hard. Yesterday, it rained hard all day. last night was mild and foggy. Drove by the road this morning, and the windrow from plowing off the road is almost gone. It's shorts weather out there now. Not sure if the world is ready for my white legs.
LOL

Silveroddo

Man this has been a weird year, feels like we're on our 4th spring freeze thaw cycle in the last 6 months. We've made a round on our roads and things dried out, just got some rain and it seems like a whole new round of frost coming out. It is still April I guess, no matter how nice its been.
Spoke with one of the foresters I do work for today trying to gauge what kind of shape things are in over in that unit and I got "Oh yeah, they're torn to pieces". Sounds like job security for the next month or so lol.

20/80

Occupation
operator
Man this has been a weird year, feels like we're on our 4th spring freeze thaw cycle in the last 6 months. We've made a round on our roads and things dried out, just got some rain and it seems like a whole new round of frost coming out. It is still April I guess, no matter how nice its been.
Spoke with one of the foresters I do work for today trying to gauge what kind of shape things are in over in that unit and I got "Oh yeah, they're torn to pieces". Sounds like job security for the next month or so lol.
The weather has been rainy here this April, While I'm grading up my well graveled roads I am only fixing the pot holes and bad spots on my not so graveled/mud roads for now until we get some hotter and nicer dry weather, they would only go to mud if I graded them up in this rainy weather in April

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
The weather has also been weird here also have a week of 70 then rain 45 mph wind and 50 degree temperatures with getting below freezing at night. I’ve been discing shoulders got everything disc now to start pulling them in we just had 2 inches of rain so be a bit before I start pulling edges in.0E8672B6-7DD1-43A4-BA0A-1BDE5DD2BC65.jpeg

20/80

Occupation
operator
The weather has also been weird here also have a week of 70 then rain 45 mph wind and 50 degree temperatures with getting below freezing at night. I’ve been discing shoulders got everything disc now to start pulling them in we just had 2 inches of rain so be a bit before I start pulling edges in.View attachment 310421
We are getting ready to pull the shoulders in on our pave roads first of next week, we have the same disc's but on a loader

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Today was the last day of our plowing contracts for the season, so they have been taking the winter tires off the loaders, and pulling the ones at the malls back to the shop. Soon the sweeping will start, and as long as it stays dry, I'll be starting driveway prep on May 6. My Mauldin grader has an issue with the oil pan, but Cummins says it warranty, so it will be headed to the dealer. A new pan is a month out, so I will be starting with my old Mauldin. Not a big deal, I kind of miss her anyway. I'm sure there will be a few lanes to grade coming up, but there is only one road gravel job on the list, and there is no telling if we will even be lowest bid when it comes out. They dropped my work truck off at the tire shop to get the winter tires off, and when I went to pick it up...... they put my white letters on the inside....who does that????? Seriously?

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
437940311_10162380096414162_347467659039436575_n.jpg
Not really grader stuff, not for a while anyway. It's a new community wellness center. Couple indoor pools, a gym and a hockey rink. Just to give perspective, the lower grey pile is 20,000 metric tons of of 3 inch minus from our quarry. The lower brown pile is sandstone from the excavation of the building site, and that ditch. There are 2 350 linkbelts. One is inside the rink, and the other is probably just outside the wall. This shot does not do that pile of shale justice. The area between where the equipment is parked in the corner, and the Walmart in the back ground is the future site of a Kents building supply. We were lowest bidder on that, but all the bids were over the engineers estimate, so it has been put on hold. The walmart has given us the contract to re do the parking lot. Lots of work.