• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

steel tracks

itsgottobegreen

If your going to buy tracks spend the money and buy a quality set. Because the cheap ones wear right out. McClaren makes the best ones money can buy.

jmac

I have a set of Mclaren on my New Holland and they have lasted great. had the rubber inserts at first, cost me extra :Banghead Don't buy the inserts if you plan on using your machine in stone etc. my inserts lasted one summer, but the tracks alone have been great. To take them of is easy, putting them back on sucks. You have to use a come along to get them back on. The machine is a whole new machine with them on, can do things that you would never be able to do with tires. Worth every penny, but like gotgreen says buy good ones. My cost around $2500 I think.

skidsteer.ca

Occupation
Contractor
I got 400 plus hour on a set on my 773 and I'd say the pins are showing 20% wear. The factory told me to expect 1000 hours and I will have no trouble getting much more then that. And considering they are about 1/2 the price of grouser or logeuring.
I would only recommend the expensive tracks if your have a real heavy machine, or work in a vary demanding aplication.

When I working in mud, how bad do I really need several hundred lbs more weight to float. Furthermore the tracks plus tracks are not nearly as difficult to install because you can man handle them. Which can be a major plus while changing that flat tire you got in a mud hole when everything is covered in clay.

I know of 8 other sets in my area and have not heard of anyone having a problem. But if you did break a shoe, pin or side link any one of these can be replaced, anywhere on the track with 2 wrenches. Unlike the loguering tracks I had where the main pivot pins were rivoted in.
Regards
Ken

xkvator

thanks Ken,
a friend just got a set last week for his Cat 262...I think they were around $1600 inc. shipping.
him & his brothers are only using it on their farm, so i'm sure they'll last awhile for them.