• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stone Construcrion Equipment

TomG

We are looking to buy a new reversible plate compactor in the 13,500 lbs. centrifugal force range. We demoed a Stone RP1350 compactor and it seamed like a good piece of equipment. I had never herd of Stone equipment before so i was wondering if anyone knows anything about them, especially about reliability. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00556.jpg
    DSC00556.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 613

xcavate

I have always used Bomag compactors here in New England. I have gotten them from United Rentals and Volvo Rents. The large one we got was around $9,000 but the thing is huge with a diesel motor.

I have ran a stone roller and thought it was well built. At least Stone is american made.

barklee

I can only speak for their mortar mixers from experience. They are bullet proof, you cant kill them! Guys beat the tar out of them with hammers dont grease them dont clean them out very good if at all and they keep working. I think they are heavier built than most.... American made is another good thing.
Kind of a contradiction of the "American" but if the compactor has a Honda engine and is a Stone i think that I would buy it. I hate to say it but Honda builds one excellent small engine.
My 2.8 cents on the matter, good luck!