• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T 190 drive motor problem?

ibc

Occupation
concrete
My 10 year old T 190 is making a loud "binding" noise when moving forward. Sounds and feels hydraulic. This machine has about 1500 hrs and well maintained. No leaks and hyd oil is in the glass not foamy.
Thanks Ed

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Sounds like the break in the drive motors is not releasing. I'm not familiar with the T190 but track drive motors are not that different between machines and I have a similar problem with mine but mine is electrical, just got to find it. :( I suggest you do not work your machine until you find what the problem is. If it is the break the debris off the linings could go through the hydraulic system.

Last edited:

ibc

Occupation
concrete
Yeah, that's what it feels like. Like a brake is being applied after I start moving. When I last ran it, just to get the bucket off, it felt like it was doing in reverse too......got worse.
I won't run it any more till I know what's up.
I'll keep you posted. You keep me posted on yours too.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Most track drive motors require hydraulic pressure to release the brake. This maybe a starting point but don't discount that it could be something electrical like the lap bar switch or the solinoid if it has one.

Last edited:

ibc

Occupation
concrete
Update:
I took it in to my local bobcat dealer for diagnosis the day after this thread was started. I got it back last night. ☹️
I won't go into the whole story but here's the jist of it.
Gear pump was not putting out the proper pressure. Quoted me $2400 pump and labor. Pump was 1800.
FYI: the guy that quoted me that misspoke actual bill came to $3600+ but we won't get into all that.
Nevertheless, I have it back and just steam cleaned it all and will put her back to work.
I did demo a new t650 and a 590 man are they nice.
Thanks for the input on this, Ed

Canuck Digger

Occupation
Business Owner, Equipment Operator, Fishing Guide
Welcome to the world of CTL ownership.:) They're great when they work. When they break down, its $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sounds like you dropped some large coin to get your machine sorted out, so I suppose that means you intend to keep it for a spell and try to work some of your money back out of it. Depending on the year model, the T190 is either a G series or K series machine. If the gear pump (also acts as charge pump for the hydrostat pumps) had a problem that it wasn't building enough pressure then you should have been hearing three short beeps from the alarm. If you ever hear that machine make three shorts beeps from the alarm, don't touch nothing else, don't shut it down, instead, right then, push and hold down the headlight button, this will bring up the active code that prompted the alarm in the hour meter display. If you had a bad gear pump causing low charge pressure, you should have got a code on that and would have a better idea of what's causing the problem.