• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tamrock Ranger 700RP rock drill

excavator

I have a customer who just bought a Tamrock Ranger 700RP rock drill at an auction and wants me to get it up and running. I've never worked on any of these and need some information. Any idea where I might be able to find a service/repair manual and possibly an operators manual? First thing I need to do is get it running, there are no batteries in it but it looks like 2 group 31s should fit. It was built in 2006 and is supposed to have a Caterpillar C9 so I'm sure I'll be looking for a manual for that. Any thoughts and information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I have a customer with one that I have had to put hands on. The dealer is Elrus Aggregate Systems in Chehalis. I don't have their phone number and they don't put it on their sales receipts. My customer has a service and parts manual on his site that I can get access to if you have a question. The service manual takes some study and thinking to get an understanding of how things are supposed to work. The machines are a mess of hoses and wires but they will poke holes in rock faster than any air track I've ever been around. Give me a call if you have any questions.

excavator

Thanks John, we'll have to see what we do. It came down from Alaska on a barge, they off loaded it with a forklift so it probably hasn't run in some time and the gal from the logging company said they were having a hard time keeping it running. And yes, a mess of hoses and wires but everything looks to be where it belongs so we'll see.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
A mate of mine used to work for Tamrock (now Sandvik). I can get hold of him and ask if there are any online resources available from which to download a service manual if you like. Be advised he may ask for a Serial Number.

excavator

A mate of mine used to work for Tamrock (now Sandvik). I can get hold of him and ask if there are any online resources available from which to download a service manual if you like. Be advised he may ask for a Serial Number.
Thank you Nige, that would by greatly appreciated. It's a Ranger 700RP. Ser # 106T10111-1. ID Code is 55075414. Year is 2006.

excavator

Thank you for trying Nige. While HEF was off line John C was able to locate, scan and email me the operators and repair manuals. He said the parts manual was to large to scan and email which I understand completely, He has been very helpful as usual. Thanks again.