• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tango branded seba 500 parts source

Mobilewrench

So, Ramco closed down last summer.
Even before that it was difficult to get parts for the South Korean hammers that they used to put their name on.
Quite a few of these hammers here in Hawaii. Other than parts sourcing they seem pretty good.
But right now I have one in my lap that has had the "button" or "hat" of the chisel broken off and is now wedged sideways in the upper bushing.
So this unit needs (at least) a new steel and bushings.
I have been in contact with Gorilla hammers (their website seems to say that they have access to ramco's remaining inventory and maybe even their engineers) but, even though I am providing the same part numbers as I used with Ramco, they are asking for serial numbers (which I provided) and are generally dragging their feet.
I am at least two and a half weeks into this right now.
So the question is; anybody have another parts source for this? Or advice on how to get results from this company?

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
MSB seems to make the majority of hammers that come from Korea. Even Allied has rebranded MSB hammers as their own.

Post some pictures of the powercell, toolbit etc. I might be able to identify it or point you in a direction to look.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
You'll probably need a seal kit as well, assuming this breaker has seperate upper and lower bushings. I haven't come across a breaker yet with seperate bushings that you could actually get in there with a stinger and lay weld on the upper bushing, especially without risking piston damage. Pretty much have to pull them apart to get at it from the backside.

Mobilewrench

I don't have the bit. I left it on the job site where I found the button broken off.
I can send you pics of the pieces that I disassembled today. But I won't be back at my yard before Monday.
You mention allied also rebranded South Korean hammers.
There are quite a few Allied 740 and 745's here. They were the hammer that our cat dealer sold with their backhoes fifteen or twenty years ago. I'm kind of a fan of those hammers. Versatile and the maintenance is pretty cheap and easy when you can get parts. Other than the high pressure accumulator when the diaphragm goes. That job is always a pain.
Allied doesn't support them so I am guessing they are SK rebranded. This Seba/Ramco hammer is not one of those.

I have a seal kit. I am not planning on using it, because all of my problems are in the chuck housing. I just resealed this unit last summer. As hard as it is to get these parts I want to save the seals for a point in the future when the seals actually fail. So I kept the power cell and back head tight together when I pulled them off the chuck housing.

Other than on Indeco hammers, I generally deal with bushings (very carefully) with a demo torch.
I honestly have never tried to shrink a hammer bushing by laying beads. I have done it on bearing races.
I have an upper bushing in my shop from the last Ramco 500 I did. It wasn't manufactured right so it was too big to install. Ramco found that all the ones they had were the same and just machined one down for me and told me not to bother sending the one I had back. I am thinking I will just throw that on the lathe and bring it down to spec. I know that they are hardened, but I think that matters a lot more on the inside than the housing side. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

So, now I am shopping for: a tool bit, lower bushing and (groan) tie rod assembly. Well, in a perfect world, all new tie rods.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
If you're looking for toolbits, have you tried these folks:
https://rockbreakertools.caldervalegroup.com/

As for seals, I've had good luck taking new seal kits to a local seal supplier and having kits pieced together. Didn't really have much choice when parts were 6 months out due to covid.

I wouldn't be too worried about machining down the outside surface of a tool bushing. I don't think it'll hurt anything.

A lot of those older Allied hammers (the larger ones anyways) are actually rebranded Krupps. If you look at the serial number stamped on the powercell you'll likely see HM- and 3 to 4 digits stamped on there. That'll be a Krupp. Even some of the Atlas Copco breakers will be rebranded Krupps as well I believe.

Welding out the bushings works pretty good. Most come out without too much trouble. Have to really put the heat to it and cover most of the bushing surface with stringers though.

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Use some stainless steel rod as it always shrinks bushings more the regular 7018, especially if it is 120000 lb strength rod. If you don't want weld to stick on something take a torch and make it heavy black smoke with no oxygen and cover surfaces needing protection with black carbon soot and nothing will stick to it. Then take a white cloth with end wetted with brakekleen and wipe the steel needing weld so the weld will penetrate well. Make sure to blow any brakekleen fumes out with air before starting the weld.
Don't spray brakekleen directly inside unless getting oil out first before putting the black carbon to areas needing protection.
Any Questions Ask.
Simon C