• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TD8E Injection Pump

aknrnclb

My TD8E has a Bosch VA4/10H 1250 CR90 that needs rebuilding. Local shop says parts may not be available and may be $900 to rebuild. Engine is DT239. I found a good VA4/10H 1250 CR 89/1 off or a TD7E with a D239 engine. It looks like the same pump except for linkage that I could swap from the bad pump. Question is can anyone verify that the pump off of the TD7 will work on the TD8. Thanks

1080 bobcat

Occupation
self employed mechainc
a td 7 pump wont work because it not set up for turbo you need a pump for a turbo engine

DK88

Occupation
Field service tech.
as long as both are turbo engines the pump will work.

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
That pump would probally work. The fuel delivery rate and possibly the timing is adjusted to keep up with the extra air from tubo. Putting a fuel pump from turbo'd engine to a non turbo'd would be worse. Too much fuel would be bad on your piston rings. You are going the other way around. It will be a lack of fuel. This is not saying it absolutely would or wouldn't work but tweaking the timing on it a little you may never notice the difference.

aknrnclb

Thanks to everyone that answered my question. I was referred to thepumguysc@aol.com and he confirmed that delivery rate is the issue. He could tell me the exact cc delivery rate of each pump and the good news is the rate is adjustable. He has worked on these pumps for 20 years. He was very helpful and can fix most pump/injector problems at fair rates.

stroke

Hi, I have issues with my timber load carrier that has a IH DT239 motor. )IH Tractor with same motor and axel is 856). After it started again ( it fell on it side, and motor wouldn't turn after. Turned out that pieces of metal probably from old fix, blocked the cog wheels in register(?), it has difficulties to start. Have to glow whatever ambient air temperature it is. Changed injection nozzles to same number as before. Previous owner put in another diesel pump than original was in. 'New' pump is VA4/10H1250CR410/P.
Nozzle is 38 326 849
526 MDLLA 150 S 815 -made Germany.
The motor ran ok before the accident but didn't start easy then either. Had to glow.
Blue smoke when pressing acceleratior before and after accident.
Guess the answer is to overhaul the pump?
Are these pumps available any more and how is the situation on parts for this one?
Johan in Norway

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Bosch quit making those pumps A LONG TIME AGO.. and the aftermarket is thin too.
Gasket kits are still available and throttle and shut off shafts.
I’m not sure about your supply in Norway..??
If your going to pull the pump, u should time it first..
AND..find someone who KNOWS THESE PUMPS.. they aren’t the run of the mill inj pumps.!!
Good luck

stroke

thanks - same supply i Norway as rest of world these days.
By time it first, do you mean making mark for position befor pulling? Have skilled mechanic as I don't have skill.
Not many people in Norway, and very few doing injector pumps, and maybee those that knew VA and VE are gone :) Not shure what to do, or nothing.
Would you recomend swapping to a VE4 pumpe? See in parts catalog for Logloader Bruun (mini bruunett 678f) that a while later than my s no that pump were VE. Original it looks as it was VA4 according to attached doc.

Attachments

• Fuel pump IH DT239.pdf
    276.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210927_094257.jpg
    20210927_094257.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2