• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Telsta boom with bucket

doc-mac

Occupation
finance and home remodeling.
I am hoping, there are others in here so I can try to get a little help. I bought a 1990 ford F600 diesel with a Telsta A28D, its a deicer from the Altanta Airport, only has 9800 miles on it being it never left the airport when bought new, and the lift only has about 110 hours on it being it does not ice up much in atlanta ga. so it just set there and baked, but protected because other than bucket itself everything else is inside the boxtruck.below the bucket. Plus it's powered up by a diesel 4cyl Suzuki generator. But I have no manuals at all, could use some help if someone could email me them please. to scorp.mac@gmail.com . Look forward to your response. Thanks Mac

steelerfan2

I recently bought a 1997 Ford Super Duty truck equipped with a Telsta boom. It is working good now but I have no manuals and no experience with this type of equipment. The only marking I can find on the boom is simply the word "Telsta." There is a label on the lifting mechanism that gives torque specifications for bolts and in small letters at the bottom of the label - "T-0068." It has an Azimuth gearbox with some instructions and the number, "T-0024." I need manuals, advice, anything anyone can tell me would be great.
I too recently purchased same truck, the previous owner stated the motor to the truck did not need to be running to operate the bucket. Is this true? other wise "generator" that runs bucket kills the battery on the truck. Can you confirm one way or the other. Of course no manual either.

steelerfan2

Found it! I dunno if I feel more like Columbo or the kid who just found the prize Easter egg. It is a xeroxed copy of the operator's manual and service & parts manual in a binder. It was under the driver's side seat. Many thanks for all the help!

If anyone needs a copy, I'll begin scanning it in. It will take several days as there are a lot of pages and I have very little free time.
i would love a copy if possible.