• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TS40

mattyjc

Here is a TS40, I never seem to see them mentioned anywhere. Used on coal, great with the greedy boards. Still more of a CAT man myself but still do a turn on these, just to keep my hand in!

Regards

Attachments

• name removed.jpg
    name removed.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5,737
Last edited:

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've worked an a few TS24 machines but never heard of a TS40. I'm guessing they are the same with different nomenclature.

What engines and transmissions do they run?

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I can't rmember if Terex made a TS32 or not, but something tells me it's a TS24 with a bigger bowl for coal use.
Feel free to correct me!
alan627b

mattyjc

Will get you the full details over the weekend, I cant remember them off the top of my head, Im rubbish at that sort of thing!

Peter Kennedy

Occupation
coal miner
Hello all,
Many years ago I worked in a manganese mine that had TS 32 Terex O/B scrapers along with some 657B Cat scrapers I prefered the 657,s because of the better ride but the old "Green Lizards" were better in the wetter going and in some cases loaded easier. They were either "push-pulling" together or push loaded by a D9 or a Hough500 rubber tired dozer. Ahhhhhhh those were the days !!!!
Pete

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Terex Coal Scrapers

Terex offered three dedicated coal scrapers, all of which were conversions of existing machines.
The principal modification was to the bowl sides which were much higher than on normal units.
The other mod was to the apron which was also extended in height.
They were:
TS-36 - a modified TS24
TS-40 - also a modified TS24 (this replaced the TS-36)
TS-50 - a modified TS-32:pointhead

hktom

Probably a TS32

It could be a TS24 but it is most likely a TS32. It is hard to tell without a size reference. Quite the sideboards, 50+ yards if it's a TS32. Euclid did make a TS40 but it was a 3 axel rig, basically a SS40 with a rear GMC 8-71. Years ago J.A. Thompson, later Random Const. had 7 TS32's. I learned to push pull on them. I remember them as being snappy machines with a lot of power. They were easy to load and quicker up the hills then the Cat 657's.....but.....they were still Eucs. The Cats rode better (pre-cushion hitch) and were overall a nicer machine to run.

Probably the most interesting scraper I had the pleasure to run was a TTS14. 6 wheels, 3 engines, 2 scraper bowls. A bit of a handful at first. I ran it on a flat job but have often wondered what it would have been like in the hills with a hairy diveoff. I havn't seen any twin Euclids in years. SS40's are still around but I guess the twins have gone the way of the dinosaurs

greeniron

the machine pictured is only a TS24 Mark 5 with a extended bowl plus hungry boards turning it into a coal carrier